DevOps Engineer at Drift
Drift is the Conversational Marketing platform that combines chat, email, video, and automation to remove the friction from business buying. With Drift, you can start conversations with future customers now, on their terms -- not days later. There are over 50,000 businesses that use Drift today to generate more revenue, shrink sales cycles, and make buying easy. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human.
At Drift, team members:
- Have complete ownership and accountability over their role and functional area
- Have complete transparency into the rest of the company (and are expected to show their work and do the same)
- Have a sense of urgency. We are building a once in a lifetime company at Drift, so we move fast every single day.
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
You’ll be working on a small centralized team with the mission of empowering Engineering by giving them the tools, information, and resources they need to ship new features quickly, maintain high standards for performance, quality, and reliability, and manage their applications in production.
- You collaborate with senior engineers and business leaders across organizations and disciplines.
- You have a background in Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
- You have at least 3+ years of experience as a software engineer, systems engineer, or DBA/ops engineer.
- You have experience working with Cloud infrastructure like AWS.
- You understand the concept behind tools like Terraform, and the concept of "infrastructure as code"
- You have worked with Dockerized services in an orchestration tool, ideally Kubernetes
- You understand the appeal of Continuous Delivery and are excited by the idea of making deployments fast, simple, and low risk.
- You have experience monitoring distributed applications
- You have contributed to open source projects.
- You contributed to developer communities
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as a “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]