Examity, the world leader in online test integrity and the fastest-growing Edtech company in the United States, is looking for a dedicated DevOps Engineer to join the growing team in our Newton, MA location.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be a part of the engineering team responsible for designing, implementing and supporting Examity’s product and infrastructure services. Working closely with the other software engineers, QA, and infrastructure teams, you’ll have the opportunity to solve complex business and scalability problems. In addition, you will focus on all phases from design to development to maintenance. The DevOps Engineer will also increase team productivity and product reliability.
- Develop infrastructure automation and management solutions with a keen focus on scalability, observability, reliability, security, and quality in an Azure environment.
- Build and implement tools and frameworks to automate and monitor deployments for our applications and infrastructure.
- Design, implement, and maintain solutions that empower engineering to deliver the best software, while using the infrastructure efficiently.
- Deliver internal infrastructure services such as monitoring, logging and alerting to internal users.
- Define a path to adopt and leverage containers.
- Help in identifying and troubleshooting production problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or a related field; or equivalent experience.
- At least 2 years of experience as a software engineer, systems engineer, or DevOps engineer, preferably including experience with configuration management and infrastructure management systems.
- Good communication skills.
- Background in building, maintaining and automating build and test pipelines preferred.
- Deep knowledge of Azure services.
- Experience or exposure to container-based runtimes and orchestration, such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Solid understanding of networking and distributed computing concepts.
- Understanding and experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment patterns and tools.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas.
Examity offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and 401k. As one of the fastest-growing Massachusetts companies, you will be challenged to build your skills and take on increasing responsibility. Our office environment is open, collaborative, fast-paced and high energy. Examity’s urban office location in Newton, MA provides access to local shopping and restaurants. Employees enjoy Examity’s free snacks and drinks, a flexible work schedule, and frequent group outings to skyboxes for Celtics, Red Sox and summer concerts.
Examity is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.