Who We Are
At Hometap, we believe you can have a house and a life. Our vision is to enable homeowners to access their home's equity - free of debt - do the big-ticket stuff that makes life better: start a business, buy a second home, get out from under crippling debt, or pay for college tuition.
We make investments alongside homeowners today in exchange for a share of the future value of the home. For homeowners, this is a simplified, sensible alternative to mortgage debt and monthly payments. For investors, this is a new asset class, allowing them to participate in the multi-trillion-dollar residential real estate market without the obligations and downsides of homeownership.
Who you are:
As Hometap’s DevOps Engineer you will design, build, and maintain automated processes for deploying and monitoring our internal and external web platforms in AWS. If you are thoughtful, detail oriented, security conscious, and passionate about your work, you will be a successful member of our growing engineering team.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Automating processes including development, deployment, scaling, and monitoring
- Planning for backup recoveries, audits, and fail-over systems
- Helping enforce security policies such as least privilege and data retention
- Working closely with and building solutions alongside web and data science engineers
- Improving the scalability, flexibility, and release efficiency of our current infrastructure
What you bring:
- 3+ years working in a DevOps or equivalent role
- Hands-on experience designing and building CI/CD systems
- Experience with AWS services such as EC2, S3, and RDS
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, CodePipeline, or Kubernetes
- Software development experience with Python, Ruby, or a similar language
- Strong relational database experience
- Strong security background
- Web application development experience
Our Team & Culture
At Hometap, we pride ourselves on being Owners -- of our jobs, our output, our careers -- and Good Neighbors -- we believe helping each other means helping the company, homeowners, and investors succeed.
Equally important to your skill set is the way you fit within our team and business. We are looking for a creative thinker who looks for opportunities within challenges, rolls up their sleeves to get things done, values collaboration and communication, and embraces the Homeowner-first mentality. Critical to our mission is being thoughtful in everything we build. If you’re someone who embraces this builder mentality, you’ll be right at home here.