DevOps Continuous Test Engineer at MassMutual
Since 1851, MassMutual’s commitment has always been to help people protect their families, support their communities, and help one another. This is why we want to inspire people to Live Mutual. We are people helping people.
A career with us means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
Together, we are stronger
The MassMutual Data Science team in the Enterprise Technology and Experience organization is seeking an outstanding Enterprise Architect-applications to join our team. The enterprise architect for applications will be responsible for evaluating and benchmarking new application frameworks, platforms and technologies enabling MassMutual to make high impact, long-term decisions around design, development and deployment of software applications supporting business capabilities at MassMutual. Additionally, this architect will be responsible for defining the software development standards and best practices for high quality, resilient and scalable software applications . This includes reference architectures, road maps, patterns and template code projects. This application architect role will focus on the digital experience which includes web and mobile applications and platforms, content management, responsive/adaptive designs and related technology stacks . This is a critical strategic architecture role to help drive digital transformation and create a competitive advantage for the company
The DevOPs CT Architect will be responsible for the overall continuous test/QA/monitoring strategy. DevOPs architecture role is a combination of both hands-on and strategic vision around DevOps deployment working closely with key stakeholders across the company. A successful candidate will understand the complete software/dev life-cycle and will have proven track record on developing complete testing solutions that will have a high positive impact across a larger organization. Leveraging industry standard tools in both cloud and bare-metal / on-prem solutions.:
- Hands on experience on planning, building and running a complete CT / QA pipeline on both cloud and baremetal/in-house.
- Collect technical requirements from stakeholders across the company and help build a complete continuous test and monitor strategy and objectives.
- Implement and POC and demo software to be used in the DevOps pipeline
- Develop standards and practices for deployments and create re-usable interfaces for consumers.
- Following market trends and DevOPs movements and apply models of continuous improvement to test and monitoring and tooling
- Setting up reference monitoring POCs in a sandbox as part of the documented strategies.
- Able to lead discussions and tech-talks on moving forward with continuous test strategies.
- Monitoring tools (nagios, new relic, zabbix, AppDynamic, Amazon Cloudwatch, etc..)
- Dashboards and KPIs in Devops
- Log tools (splunk, elk, etc)
- Docker and k8s
- Cloud Platform (AWS/Azure)
- Scripting language of choice (Python, Ruby. PERL, etc.)
What great looks like in this role
The Enterprise Architect will be part of MassMutual’s team whose vision is to build an industry leading EA function that creates alignment between technology and business strategy. The EA will have an opportunity to guide the process of planning and designing capabilities to maximize the value of IT and enable the company to make high impact, long-term decisions. This will be accomplished through architecture strategies, blueprints and road maps that standardize technology stacks and create engineering speed and agility through the innovative use of data science, data analytics, cloud and API’s. The EA will work with a team that embrace diversity in all of its forms, respect and have fun.
- Fully support DevOps patterns with a deep understanding and passion on agile and lean principles
- Experience with TDD and BDD
- History of leveraging the different types of tests in PROD environments (unit, regression, functional, non-functional)
- 5+ years experience working with CT tool-chains with knowledge of the standard tools in space.
- Some experience level on basic Artifact management (artifactory, nexus, in-house or other)
- Moderate knowledge on development workflows (gitflow, githubflow, trunk)
- Moderate knowledge on standard logging platforms
- Moderate knowledge of the basic cloud providers (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Solid understanding of the basic principles of devops, CI/CD, agile and lean philosophies
- Extensive experience of providing architectural direction to project development teams or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 5+ years experience with container technologies (docker, k8s, swarm)
- Some experience of providing architectural direction to technical teams
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related field preferred or relevant work experience
- Authorized to work in the United States without requiring visa sponsorship now or in the future