DevOps CI Lead Architect at MassMutual
The DevOPs CI Architect will be responsible for the overall continuous integration pipeline strategy. DevOPs architecture role is a combination of both hands-on and strategic vision around devops working closely with stakeholders. A successful candidate will understand the complete software/dev lifecycle and will have proven track record on developing complete CI solutions that will have a high positive impact across a larger organization. Leveraging industry standard tools in both cloud and bare-metal / on-prem solutions.
- Hands on experience on planning, building and running a complete CI pipeline on both cloud and baremetal/in-house.
- Collect technical requirements from stakeholders across the company and build a CI strategy and objectives.
- Following market trends and Devops movements and apply models of continuous improvement to pipeline and tooling
- Implement, Demo and POC new technologies based on requirements and overall ORG goals and objectives
- Work closely with other groups to implement new technologies inside the CI space
- Develop the overall architect standards for the CI toolchain, including creation, improvement and support.
- 10+ years experience working with CI toolchains with expert level knowledge of the standard tools (jenkins, buildbot, travis, groovy, etc..)
- Expert level on Artifact management (antifactory, nexus, inhouse or other)
- Expert level on development workflows (gitflow, githubflow, trunk)
- Moderate knowledge of deployment tools (puppet, chef, ansible)
- Moderate knowledge of the basic cloud providers (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Solid understanding of the basic principles of devops, CI/CD, agile and lean philosophies
- Extensive experience of providing architectural direction to project development teams or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 5+ years experience with container technologies (docker, k8s, swarm)
- Track record of designing and implementing CI toolchains
- Extensive experience of providing architectural direction to technical teams
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related field required (M.S. or Ph.D. preferred)
- Git tools
- Cloud Platform (AWS/Azure)
- Scripting (Python, Ruby. PERL, etc.)
What great looks like in this role
The Enterprise Architect will be part of MassMutual’s team whose vision is to build an industry leading EA function that creates alignment between technology and business strategy. The EA will have an opportunity to guide the process of planning and designing capabilities to maximize the value of IT and enable the company to make high impact, long-term decisions. This will be accomplished through architecture strategies, blueprints and road maps that standardize technology stacks and create engineering speed and agility through the innovative use of data science, data analytics, cloud and API’s. The EA will work with a team that embrace diversity in all of its forms, respect and have fun.