Developer Advocate at EDB (Remote)
Note: This person can be located anywhere in the U.S.
The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, you’ll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
We’ve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. There’s plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
As a Developer Advocate, you will join a team of user experience and software development professionals on a mission to make working with Postgres easier for developers, data scientists, data wranglers, operators, and the ever-expanding ecosystem of technologists who rely on Postgres to innovate at speed. You will report into the Chief Experience Officer.
- Make Postgres easier: identify points of friction in Postgres and EDB products, develop approaches to address them
- Contribute Postgres expertise to a number of communities, including Docker, Kubernetes, Node.js, Python, and Go
- Identify and engage with new communities which stand to benefit from Postgres
- Publish code and content that will help others get started with, and get more out of, Postgres
- Share feedback to development teams across our portfolio
- Collaborate with product, engineering, and marketing teams
- Talk to Postgres users and EDB customers and listen for not only their needs but also their ideas for the future of Postgres
- A strong communicator
- A robust online portfolio featuring code and technical content, including READMEs
- Ideally, experience working on a technical advocacy team
- Facility with modern communication, collaboration, and development tools; e.g., Slack, Github, Stack Overflow, VSCode, Jira
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Willingness to analyze, understand, and extend existing cultural and technical systems
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. We’d love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our company’s integrity.