HubSpot is the central nervous system of tens of thousands of sales and marketing teams across the world. When developers build on HubSpot, they plug directly into our global network of customers in more than 100 countries.
The HubSpot Developer Relations team is working to create a world-class developer experience where anyone from a product manager to a developer can find what they need and begin building within minutes. As a core part of the larger product team, you will be at the heart of helping our developers, partners, and customers grow better.
As a developer advocate, you will be at the heart of our platform effort, guiding and growing our developer and partner network. You'll also be expected to develop both your technical skills and your relationship building skills (with product managers and tech leads in Product and Engineering), project management chops, and data analysis capabilities to become an influential and indispensable member of the team. Success in this role is measured by SLAs for responding to questions from partners, triaging JIRAs, and by feedback from the Product team reflecting how effectively you contribute to solving developer experience roadblocks and helping the team meet its quarterly goals.
As a newer team that is quickly growing, there will be extensive opportunities for continuing education to grow your personal skillset and brand, as well as the ability to move into various product management or engineering roles in the future.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Create technical content and walkthroughs that show developers how to use and get the most out of their HubSpot implementations
- Share your expertise by giving talks, conducting internal and external training sessions to evangelize our developer experience
- Offer support and guidance to internal and external developers including our forums, partner programs, email, slack and on calls
- Help product managers with developer product betas and dev feedback
- Create and maintain content and documentation across developers.hubspot.com
- Partner with our Frontline Support staff to elevate their technical expertise and knowledge of our products and how they work
We are looking for people who:
- Improvise, think creatively, and find simple solutions to solve complex problems when presented with a vague question
- Have experience writing technical content or explaining technical concepts in blog posts, forums, emails, on calls or other channels
- Love of APIs and experience using APIs for fun or profit
- Comfort making project recommendations and building new developer initiatives
- A knack for storytelling and building engaged and thriving user communities
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. HubSpot is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
HubSpot helps millions of organizations grow better, and we’d love to grow better with you. Our business builds the software and systems that power the world’s small to medium-sized businesses. Our company culture builds connections, careers, and employee growth. How? By creating a workplace that values flexibility, autonomy, and transparency. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 4M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every HubSpotter globally who has helped build our remarkable culture, HubSpot has been named a top workplace by Glassdoor, Fortune, Entrepreneur, and more.
HubSpot was founded in 2006. We’re headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and we have offices in Dublin (Ireland), Sydney (Australia), New Hampshire, Singapore, Tokyo (Japan), Berlin (Germany), and Bogotá (Colombia).
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Recruiting Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.