Data Warehouse Engineer
Inspired by the Moneyball concept popularized by the Oakland A’s in baseball, Graham Gardner, MD and Julie Yoo founded Kyruus in 2010 to bring a data-driven approach to matching patients with healthcare providers. The company focuses on solving the “patient access paradox”: patients being told to wait weeks (if not months) for appointments while appointment slots simultaneously go unutilized – even at leading health systems. Helping to solve this supply-demand mismatch and solve truly unmet needs in healthcare, Kyruus is now the leader in patient access technology. The company works with top health systems across the country to help them match patients with the right providers, at the right time, through a suite of cloud-based provider search and scheduling solutions.
Funded by top-tier venture firms (e.g., Venrock, Highland, Leerink, New Leaf), Kyruus is growing rapidly. The company doubled its revenue in 2017 and its platform now includes close to 100,000 providers across over 400 hospitals in the US. The Kyruus team includes driven and talented individuals who are passionate about removing barriers to patient access and making a difference in healthcare.
About the Role
People join Kyruus to make a meaningful impact in improving healthcare, and you will play a critical role in helping to build out our ProviderMatch Analytics product offering. Reporting to the Director of Data Warehousing, you will be a key member of our Analytics team, which is dedicated to providing ground-breaking insights to Kyruus’ customers. You’ll work collaboratively with Kyruus team members throughout the company (Product, Engineering, Delivery, Sales) to build a best-in-class, cloud based analytics platform. You’ll have a strong technical background in data warehousing, analytics, and data processing and be comfortable sharing insights with internal team. You’ll be active in maintaining and growing your professional and technical knowledge, while providing thought leadership internally.
Identify and implement business and technical requirements for data warehouse
Automate, optimize, and maintain ETL mappings in a repeatable, scalable fashion
Administer all data to ensure compliance with standards, policies, and all applicable laws and regulations
Provide guidance to all database architecture
Build and maintain our data integrations with 3rd party analytics vendors
Implement dimensional model to support GoodData
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline required
- A minimum of 5 years related experience required, with a minimum of 3-5 years experience in Data Warehousing and ETL development
- Experience in Unix shell scripting and Python coding required
- Strong understanding of relational database concepts & technology – data modeling (dimensional/snowflake), SQL, query optimization, data warehouse architecture preferred
- Experience with AWS data management (S3, Redshift, PostgreSQL, RDS) and related tools (Athena, EMR, Glue) in an enterprise environment
- Experience developing ETL specifications and mappings to support data conversion and integration
- Experience with web crawlers or scrapers
- Strong advocate of software engineering principles, deep understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle, and experience in an agile environment
- Deep understanding of implementation of file based ingestion/data extraction/job scheduling
- Hands-on technology service delivery experience including web, cloud infrastructure, and complex healthcare data architectures
- Well organized and able to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced demanding environment
- Ability and willingness to learn new tools and applications
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with ability to convey complex technical concepts to business users and management
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.