We are looking for an innovative engineer to add to our core platform team. We recently migrated our cloud infrastructure to AWS, which has opened up abundant opportunities for innovation & improvement. From targeted items such as increasing our usage of container technologies to broader themes such as collaborating on a re-design of our core systems to leverage key AWS services, we are energized at the possibilities that lie ahead. Your knowledge of modern cloud technologies and sound engineering practices will help guide the development team in selecting the best technologies and approach.
More generally, as our Core Platform Integration Engineer you are known for thinking on your feet, learning quickly, and owning problems to resolution. You enjoy solving complex problems while contributing new ideas & techniques, leading to continuous improvement for the team. You enjoy close collaboration to find better ways to deliver great quality software in an open, DevOps culture. As our Core Platform Integration Engineer you will be work with the engineering organization to understand and anticipate needs, and create tools and processes to reduce friction in the development process.
Our Engineering Culture
We are organized into small, cross-functional teams that focus on high-level objectives in service of our customers. We focus on outcomes over output. Our teams are empowered to research, prototype, and develop “MVPs” to solicit user feedback and validate hypotheses. We measure and rapidly iterate so that the end result is a high-confidence, high-value product. We foster an environment where we have the runway to experiment and learn from failure while tackling tricky challenges.
Thought diversity is a core principle for Ellevation Engineering. Our engineers feel comfortable and confident to respectfully voice their ideas and opinions, even if we disagree, because this is how we learn and arrive at the best ideas that lead us to optimal results. We value software engineering principles such as continuous integration, loose coupling, and SOA. As a small technology company, we seek individuals who are willing to be cross-functional, hands-on in multiple areas, and a technical thought leader for the organization.
We also valued staying connected & aligned as a team & as a company. We do this through a variety of ways -- quick weekly sync-ups to review our quarterly OKRs; weekly Demo Fridays where we preview cool new features to the entire company; and our twice-yearly all-company offsites, where we gather the entire company for 2 days of team building and fun. We also value evolving our culture. Got some new ideas? Bring ’em on and let’s talk about incorporating them.
- Serve a Subject Matter Expert on container and serverless technologies
- Develop and champion tooling & processes that promotes a true DevOps & “infrastructure as code” culture
- Select, maintain, and champion using APM (Application Performance Monitor) to provide feature development teams visibility into performance and troubleshooting throughout our application and micro-services
- Strong computer science background or degree
- Experience developing cloud native applications
- Enable the engineering organization to develop a repeatable process of developing and deploying cloud native applications
- Solid understanding of current open source technologies and cloud provider services and the ability to learn new technologies
- Must have experience in Go or similar type language
- Must have strong working experience in how to scale container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- A collaborative mindset coupled with strong communication skills
- Commitment to continuous improvement and the mission; desire to focus talents on helping improve outcomes for others
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help school districts and educators support the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Learners (ELs). By combining great products, student data, and research on best practices, Ellevation helps school districts transform their EL programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company, partnering with over 800 public school districts all across the country. We are well-capitalized, have a strong and growing team, and are continuously focused on how to build the best organization so that we can achieve our ambitious social and financial objectives.
In addition to our great benefit plans and competitive salaries, here are some other perks that make us unique:
+ Great location in Boston - a stone’s throw from the Chauncy Street/Downtown Crossing T stop
+ Ability to make a significant impact in the education industry
+ Fun Fridays including virtual happy hours with our remote team
+ Free snacks, beverages, fruit, and we even compost!
+ On-site gym, game room and darts to support all levels of athleticism
+ Opportunity to join an open and collaborative work environment!
Learn more about our team in our Culture Deck.
At Ellevation, we champion diversity. We’re an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values a range of ideas and opinions. We embrace all types of differences in the development of our organization.