Contract Automation Software Engineer at MineralTree
Voted as one of the top companies to work for by Built in Boston in 2020, MineralTree is disrupting the accounting industry by enabling over 1,500 companies to improve operational efficiency with AP Automation. With our award-winning solution, companies such as the Boston Celtics, Appalachian Mountain Club, EverQuote, Baltimore Ravens and Attivio have shifted accounts payable from a source of inefficiency and fraud risk to a secure and strategic profit center that provides deep visibility into the cost drivers of the business. MineralTree sells its solution directly to customers and through value-added partners consisting of financial institutions, payment processors, and credit card providers.
We are a close-knit organization where everyone is working toward a common goal and where all contributions matter. With passion, teamwork and a good dose of humor, we drive toward challenging goals. We’re looking for high-energy individuals who are ready to learn and take ownership of their career growth. This is an opportunity to join an early-stage company led by an experienced management team with a track record of building successful companies. Located right down the street from the Alewife MBTA station in Cambridge, the office is easily accessible from both Route 2 and the MBTA Red Line.
MineralTree is looking for strong Software Engineers in Test who can work with our development team building and executing comprehensive suites of automated test plans and test cases, Defining, developing, and maintaining an automation framework, evaluation of test cases for inclusion in regression, automation for newly integrated features, and development of toolsets to augment QA and Development testing. The Software Test Engineer will also work closely with our software developers and other engineers in small scrum teams to deliver the highest quality products in a timely and cost-effective manner. This is either a contract only assignment (ongoing) or a contract to regular full-time opportunity for someone interested in joining our team in Cambridge, MA after approximately six months.
- Develop and execute test plans and test cases with a strong emphasis on using code to solve technical challenges and shorten the test cycle through automation
- Estimate test efforts, analyze and communicate test results and participate in day to day QA activities
- Add to our company’s performance and scalability testing efforts and improve the test frameworks, tools and technologies used by MineralTree to maintain a high-quality bar; including the writing of specialized testing tools for use in testing our software platform
- Work with Development, Test and Product Management to design and implement test and validation strategies
- Execute and manage test cases and results; report on test and defect metrics
- Create, execute and troubleshoot automated test scenarios across our systems
- Design robust, scalable, and high-quality test automation solutions for functional, regression and performance testing
- Contribute toward building a continuous Integration (CI) environment and our ongoing process improvement activities
- Identify improvements in the test and development processes; make contributions to our automation tools that address specific needs
- Experience with software testing and automated test techniques with a strong focus on quality throughout
- Good knowledge of object-oriented programming is a plus, along with requisite coding and debugging skills
- Design and development skills in Python and/or Java
- Experience with Selenium, Gherkin, Cucumber, Behave or similar tools
- Understanding of software design principles, patterns, algorithms, data structures, and multi-threading concepts
- Proven ability to translate functional requirements and use-cases into working test plans and test cases
- Experience with Containers and Hypervisors, Docker, Kubernetes, Linux, Windows, Amazon Web Services a plus
- Experience building highly automated environments using virtual and cloud resources is strongly desired
- Strong customer focus with excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Some knowledge of continuous integration practices, preferably using Jenkins
- Experience working in an agile environment strongly preferred
- Passion for improving code quality through interaction with a development team
- Demonstrated skill in using coding standards and being an active participant in code reviews
As a regular full-time MineralTree employee, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary commensurate with the position, benefits for your peace of mind such as a BCBS sponsored medical & dental insurance and life & disability insurance. Start saving for retirement using our 401k plan through ING/Voya. We motivate you to be a continuous learner and believe in making investments in you by providing tuition reimbursement. Talented people tend to hang together and we want you to shout it from the rooftops about how great it is to work at MineralTree so we give you the opportunity to earn significant employee referral bonuses. While we work hard, we also know you need to recharge your batteries, so we provide unlimited (yes unlimited) vacation time.