For Spring 2022
The hardware engineering team is responsible for designing, prototyping, testing and documenting new products for Markforged. You will work together with members of a cross functional program team to support the development & testing of existing and new products.
Previous intern/co-op projects have included:
- Designing diagnostic parts & procedures that enabled customers to identify & correct print quality issues.
- Building test fixtures to perform long term life testing of critical printer components.
- Designing, fabricating & assembling prototypes of new printer components
- Design and build test equipment & fixtures that meet technical requirements
- Develop, document & execute test plans to validate printer and material performance
- Conduct experiments methodically, analyze data, and interpret results
- Create and document printed parts or procedures to evaluate and improve print quality
- Document all work using tools such as Confluence, JIRA and Google Docs
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!What you have:
- You should be working towards at least a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering or similar engineering field.
- Familiarity with part and drawing creation in 3D CAD software (Solidworks preferred) Understanding of manufacturing tolerances is a plus.
- Experience using 3D printers is desirable
- Experience with data analysis and data driven decision making
- Strong mechanical intuition and passion for learning more about how machines work
- Familiarity with basic electrical engineering and software development principles
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, and Python is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills