For Spring 2021
As a Data Systems Engineer Co-op on the Manufacturing Team you will work with the Control Engineer and Data Systems Engineer to boost data adoption in the manufacturing plant by improving the user interface and functionality of our SCADA/MES system, improving, converting and integrating stand alone reporting tools and working with users to improve SCADA user interfaces on computer and mobile devices. In this role you will interface with end users, engineering, operations, supply chain, and management professionals to continuously improve and optimize our data collection, analysis, and usage. You will report to the Engineering Manager and will make a strong addition to our growing advanced manufacturing team. This role is critical to ensure that Markforged can scale appropriately and hit production goals and targets. This is an exciting opportunity to be hands-on and drive innovation on the ground level to make an impact in the rapidly growing field of additive manufacturing.Possibilities Abound for our Co-Ops!
- Improve SCADA/MES system from data acquisition and storage to Analysis and UI
- Improve data structure and systems to boost metric usability and visualization
- Automate workflows, improve data integrations, develop robust analytics and visualize data to help teams focus on action and countermeasures.
- Improve and/or Convert stand alone Google Sheet analytics tools using advanced Sheet’s capabilities, macros, data linkage, etc to automate visual situational awareness for the team.
- Optimize SCADA/MES system user interface for mobile devices and develop methods to integrate Lean Gemba data
- Creation of Metric Dashboard Visualizations
- Collaborate with process engineers to setup data model and production dashboards that enable accurate KPI tracking/reporting
- Implement kaizen projects based on feedback, requests, and visualization or query needs
- Passion for Data Visualization and Statistics
- Strong intellectual curiosity
- Working toward a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or a related discipline (Electrical Engineering, Data Management, etc.)
- Training or experience in SQL and Python. Competency in C++ and statistics are desirable
- Strong analytical skills in Data interpretation and visualization
- Interest in human factors and working with cross functional teams to develop user interface designs
- Ability to tell a story about current performance using data
- Awareness of industry standard protocols such as OPCUA and MQTT
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills - can convey complex technical topics in simple terms