CloudHealth - Senior Member of Technical Staff at CloudHealth by VMware
CloudHealth by VMware is the global market leader in Cloud Service Management, and the most trusted software platform used to accelerate business transformation in the cloud. We are searching for dedicated and versatile engineers, who are passionate about working in a company whose culture is fanatical about innovation and fixated on delivering software products that solve our customers’ most challenging business needs. As a Senior Member of Technical Staff, you’ll have the opportunity to make a significant and direct impact on our products, platform, and tackle some of the most complex challenges in cloud computing.
Why we're excited about you:
You have an analytical mind and a passion for the craft of software engineering. Technologies come and go, but that excites you because of the endless possibilities it creates. You want to successfully drive definition, architecture, and timely delivery of software in an Agile environment. You’re excited by Data Analysis, Systems Management, Cloud Computing, and the customer experience in everything you construct. You’re looking for a collaborative environment whose teams care about the product they are creating, how they create it, and the impact it has on customers’ business objectives.
- Collaborate with the Executive Team, Product Management, Architects, and existing engineering teams to design, develop, and publish software supporting a highly available, fault-tolerant SaaS platform.
- Produce software designs to support long-term maintainability and extensibility of code.
- Produce high quality and well-documented code in an automated CI/CD environment.
- Contribute to relevant open source projects.
- Participate in all phases of the software development cycle as part of a Scrum team.
- Work in multi-functional agile teams to regularly experiment, iterate, and deliver on new product objectives with end-to-end responsibility for your team’s goals.
- Obsess over quality in the code you write and the product you create.
- Advance your technical and interpersonal skills in an environment that looks to expand them.
- 6+ years of commercial software development experience.
- 2+ years of production work developing microservices for distributed systems.
- Knowledge about microservices hosted in leading cloud environments (AWS, Azure or GCP, preferred).
- Familiarity with cloud security and best practices.
- Experience with API-first REST-based microservice development.
- Experience with cloud-based distributed application scaling and data processing.
- Have worked with data stores (Redis preferred).
- Experience with containerized applications (Docker, Kubernetes or similar, preferred).
- Worked in a multi-threaded programming environment.
- An understanding of team and individual goals and are motivated to accomplish them.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- A desire to work in an environment where you will teach and lean.
- An understanding of why comparative analysis is key to continuous improvement, innovation, quality, and success.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: No
Posted Date: 2019-10-25
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.