Cloud Ops Engineer
MassMutual’s Customer Experience organization is looking for a highly motivated Cloud Ops engineer to join a growing team. In this role, you will help implement enhancements to the company's digital and
data infrastructure, supporting internal customer's operational needs.
At MassMutual, we’re passionate about helping millions of people find financial freedom and this passion has driven our approach to developing meaningful experiences for our customers. The Cloud Operation team, part of MassMutual’s Customer Experience organization, is comprised of highly skilled, collaborative, problem solvers who are motivated to create innovative solutions that exceed the changing needs of our customers and move MassMutual – and the industry – forward.
To continue our cutting-edge work, we are hiring a Cloud Operations Engineer to join our team.
What great looks like in this role?
The ideal candidate will work from specifications to develop or modify moderately complex software programming applications. Assist with design, coding, benchmark testing, debugging, and documentation of programs. Applications generally deal with utility programs, position control language, macros, subroutines, and other control modules. Competent to work on the most phases of software systems programming applications. Receive general supervision and expected to work on own most of time.
Objectives of this role
To implement enhancements to the company's digital and data infrastructure, supporting internal customer's operational needs.
Daily and monthly responsibilities
- Operate AWS cloud-based infrastructure systems to support continuous delivery and integration pipelines (Docker, Docker Swarm, and Jenkins. Kubernetes).
- Operate infrastructure systems to support enterprise data science and analytics capabilities, including streaming and real-time analytics (Kafka, Spark Streaming, and Snowplow).
- Build automation tools & scripts to help operational requirements
- Additional demand to support internal customers for SRE/DevOps work effort
- Experience organization is looking for a highly motivated Cloud Ops engineer to join a growing team.
Skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-3 years’ experience in software development and/or engineering roles
- Prior experience with Linux, troubleshooting and coding/scripting using high-level languages (i.e. Python/Java/Scala/Go)
- Prior experience with AWS or Google or Azure cloud infrastructure automation and DevOps workflows
- Demonstrates problem solving skills through engineering solutions and open source tools
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future
- A passion for automation and building self-healing resilient systems
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working on multiple tasks in an agile mode