Cloud Engineer at iZotope
Responsibilities will include:
- Design, prototype, develop and deliver cloud services that support iZotope software products.
- Develop and maintain software architecture for exposing product-specific functionality as stable, composable microservices.
- Improve, maintain, streamline, refactor and re-architect cloud service code to maintain a state-of-the art foundation for our products
- Work closely with IT to design, implement, maintain and evangelize modern devOps and continuous integration practices for cloud services.
- Work closely with Product Management, UX and QA to define, understand and realize product requirements
- Develop web-based offerings that expand the reach and capabilities of our suite of audio products
- 3 or more years of experience developing production-quality Web services and Web applications with modern web technology stacks.
- 2 or more years experience building and deploying software on Amazon Web Services (preferred), Google Cloud or Microsoft Azure.
- BS Computer Science, Electrical Engineering. MS degree a plus.
- Exceptional engineering skills, designs for quality, expert problem solver, strong analytical skills
- Solid understanding of design patterns, software frameworks, devOps, continuous integration, and unit testing.
- Self-directed, detail-oriented, able to learn new technologies and work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player and able to work collaboratively with other developers, QA, Product Managers, UX Designers
- Experience with--and interest in--container platforms such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with C/C++ development
- Skilled with multithreading, concurrency and inter-process communication protocols and techniques
- Experience using and/or developing audio plugins a plus
- Familiarity with database design and development
- Familiarity with continuous integration environment and tools (e.g., Bamboo, BitBucket, Travis, CircleCI, GitHub, etc.)
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies