Cloud Delivery Engineer at Nuance
At Nuance cloud computing continues to allow us to modernize and consolidate IT infrastructure, automate workloads, and pursue next-generation innovation. To continue this transformation, we're seeking an experienced Azure cloud engineer with expertise in the strategy, design, development, and implementation of large-scale projects in the cloud. The ideal candidate is experienced in cloud-based tech, with a firm grasp of emerging technologies, platforms, and applications, and ability to customize them to help our business become more secure and efficient. Extensive knowledge of cloud maintenance, agile delivery, and advanced industry knowledge is key to keeping us on the cutting edge. From day one, you'll have an immediate impact on the day-to-day efficiency of our IT operations, and an ongoing impact on our overall growth.
Objectives of this Role
- Work in tandem with our Core Services engineering team to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for the company
- Define and document best practices and strategies regarding application deployment and infrastructure maintenance
- Provide guidance, thought leadership, and mentorship to development teams to build cloud competencies
- Ensure service performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful design
- Managing cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines
- Knowledge and experience normally acquired through, or equivalent to, the completion of a Bachelor's degree, preferably in an IT field, and a minimum of 3-5 years of job related experience.
- Assist in the architecture, design, and implementation of cloud-based solutions with a focus on Identity Management and/or virtual desktop infrastructure
- Implement and support solutions that focus on overall health, performance, operations, security, and automation.
- Utilize the latest Azure services and other cloud-based technologies to assist customers with their security and availability.
- Collaborate with clients and stakeholders to translate technical requirements into solutions or new product offerings for the cloud environment.
- Demonstrate our solutions to highlight capabilities and use-cases.
- Participates in the development and implementation of VDI-related operational procedures and standards.
- Develop and maintain OS Standard Operating Procedures for VDI Environment.
- Works on automating system procedures and processes to evolve the technology in the organization.
- Works in ticketing system to solve escalated issues. Contributes to on call escalation support 24x7 per team schedule
- Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during outages or periods of reduced performance.
- 5+ years background in Microsoft system and network infrastructure
- Hands-on experience with Azure (e.g., Azure Active Directory, Privileged Identity Management, Sentinel, Azure Policy, Guest Configuration)
- Deployment and Configuration Automation experience
- Demonstrated exceptional customer skills, strong and proven track record of successfully managing customer relationships and technical projects.
- Excellent work ethic and leadership skills, self-motivated, team-oriented, very responsible, and focused on exceeding customer expectations.
- Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Virtual Desktop Administration preferably using VMware Horizon View
- Azure Cloud certification
As a federal government contractor subject to Executive Order 14042, most U.S. employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted approval for a medical or religious accommodation by Nuance. Proof of vaccination will be required.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.