Chief/Principal Software Architect at Humana Studio_h
Come join the Digital Health & Analytics (DH&A) team within Humana to build a world class Data Science and Insights enterprise capability leveraging digital-first platforms, analytics, and agile development methodologies.
An opportunity to join the Digital Health & Analytics (DH&A) team within Humana to build a world class analytics platform. Through the strategic interpretation of data, we provide our consumers—physicians, patients, and other members of the care team with meaningful insights about the choices they make and help them lead their best lives. We’re passionate about combining and analyzing diverse types of data to extract new, actionable discoveries about our members and their health-related behaviors. We’re looking for driven, innovative people who are interested in using their clinical and analytical skills to help our consumers achieve lifelong well-being and help Humana make lasting, positive changes in the healthcare industry.
The chief architect leads the design and implementation of enterprise level software applications based on business requirements. The chief architect also provides strategic advice and guidance to the software development team. He/she is highly skilled with broad, advanced technical experience.
- Works with senior executives to develop and drive segment or enterprise-wide technology strategies.
- Provide technical thought leadership within the organization.
- Lead the architecture design and implementation of next generation clinical rule engine.
- Use Azure to provide SaaS solutions that are highly reliable and scalable.
- Architect horizontally scalable solution and data processing pipelines for large datasets.
- Oversees testing and debugging. Lead the development of automated testing.
- Lead the development of efficient clinical rule language that is simple and flexible.
- Gather and understand requirements from clinical rule authors and other stakeholders.
- Review and gain deep understanding of different types of clinical rules and complexity of clinical quality measures
- Design the engine for both batch and real-time process
- Design and develop high efficiency process for adding new data sources
- Design and develop rule authoring tool
- Evaluate commercial and open source rule engine
- Review peers' feedback and makes necessary adjustments and/or recommendations to resolve complex software related issues.
- Coach junior software developer by advocating for best practices.
- Work closely with product, data platform and solution delivery teams.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related fields
- Highly skilled in architecture design for complex software system
- 10 + years in object oriented design, Java development, web application development
- 3+ years of experience architecting cloud platform solutions at enterprise scale preferably in Microsoft Azure technologies
- Experience implementing a microservice-based architecture
- Extensive experience in Kubernetes, CI/CD
- Deep knowledge and hands on experience on big data computing technologies including Spark, Hadoop etc.
- Experience in DevOps tooling (such as Azure DevOps, GitHub, Git, Jenkins)
- Expertise in large data management including both SQL and NoSQL databases
- Strong experience with database schema design and query optimization
- Established track record of technical leadership
- Strong understanding of IT security best practices
- Great communication skills
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Deep understanding of software development and testing life cycles.
- Passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Experience in healthcare IT environment is preferred.
- Master's or Doctorate's degree preferred