Chief Technology Officer at Ellevation Education
What Success Looks Like
- Growth/Strategy. You will collaborate with the Leadership team and other stakeholders to identify growth opportunities and develop a technology, architecture, and security strategy to achieve business and impact goals. This work will include evaluating M&A opportunities, conducting technical diligence, and integrating products into the Ellevation suite.
- Technology Implementation. You will facilitate evaluation and make decisions about technical investments, anticipate changes in the market, guide the team to execute with excellence, and take ownership to ensure that technology decisions are implemented in an iterative manner and achieve business goals.
- Delivery. You are responsible for driving the quality and velocity of software development, consistent with ambitious company and team goals.
- Product Partnership. At Ellevation Engineering and Product work in a very tight partnership. You will work closely and consistently with our VP of Product, identify priorities and goals, form and guide teams that can deliver with excellence, and ensure we learn quickly and adapt. Ensuring Ellevation enhances the speed of new product development is a plus.
- Engineering Team Growth: You must consistently evaluate team and talent needs, grow a pipeline of talented engineers, hire effectively consistent with business needs, company mission and values, and ensure retention of team members.
- Team Leadership: Mentoring, and holding all engineers, and product teams, to high bars/ engineering and technical excellence
- Collaboration: You will develop strong cross-functional relationships with Leadership team members and others, and work to ensure effective cross team communication.
- Company Leadership: Inform and contribute to Leadership team and Board-level discussions and decisions about market, growth and strategy.
A Great Candidate is a(n):
- Experienced Leader: You have managed managers and led a team of 40+ engineers.
- Relationship Builder: You have a long track record of building productive, collaborative and supportive relationships with engineers, product managers, and senior leaders across a company.
- Continuous Learner: You have a deep curiosity and a relentless drive for improvement. You continually evaluate business and technology opportunities, ensure our team consistently questions decisions, identify best practices, and drive improvement at Ellevation.
- Inclusive Leader: You are passionate about and have a record of hiring diverse candidates and creating an inclusive workplace.
- Results Oriented: You enjoy the product development process and have a consistent history of delivering results with software over the past 7-10 years.
- SaaS Leader: You have SaaS/web application development, product-focused engineering experience (i.e. not custom software/consultancy)