Here are some of the problems we get to solve:
- How can we make it easy for innovative businesses to accept and track LevelUp sales, discounts, gift cards, and tips so they can keep their most loyal customers happy?
- How can we integrate LevelUp as a first class payment method into platforms as diverse as Android and iOS mobile devices, Windows based applications, mobile and web based eCommerce platforms, and more?
- How can we deploy, troubleshoot, and maintain our software out in the real-world under less-than-ideal conditions?
- How do we ensure our code is robust, stable, and complete?
Here’s how you’ll be spending your time:
- C# and .NET software development to support new LevelUp features on existing supported POS systems and build LevelUp into new unsupported POS systems.
- Design and implementation of our C# .NET API used by our internal team and third party developers to build LevelUp into POS systems.
- Build and maintain automated integration and unit tests.
- Collaborate internally with customer account teams and externally with technical partners to deliver a robust and fully featured product that LevelUp merchants and consumers count on every day.
- Provide guidance and support to technology partners and third-party software developers to integrate LevelUp into their POS and eCommerce products.
How you’ll know you’re a fit for our team:
- 4+ years professional software development experience in a modern object oriented language with a focus on .NET technologies preferred
- Experience with object oriented coding and design principles
- Team player with excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Self-directed, solution-oriented problem solver who enjoys owning projects from design through release and beyond
- Familiarity with a variety of software engineering tools including but not limited to version control systems, debuggers, test tools, and release management software
- Interest and desire to learn and spread knowledge
- Computer Science degree or related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience
- Proficiency with Nerf® weaponry a plus
Move to the front of the line if you also have:
- Experience managing software releases and dependencies using Continuous Integration tools, NuGet, Chocolatey, etc.
- UI expertise on Microsoft Windows (WPF, WinForms)
- Experience with mobile development (Android, iOS, or Windows Phone)
- Development experience with an Open Source community driven software project
- POS or eCommerce software development experience
What you could learn while working with us:
- Experience building and maintaining a diverse platform upon which many integrations are built
- SDK and API design and support for a variety of programming platforms/languages
- How to design and utilize RESTful web service APIs
- Distributed version control expertise with Git
- High-value knowledge developing software for point-of-sale systems
- Expertise producing high quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and vetted by a thorough QA process which includes manual and automated testing
Benefits & Perks:
- Free catered lunches from the businesses in the LevelUp ecosystem plus LevelUp credit to spend wherever we are accepted
- A never ending amount of coffee beans to make whatever suits your fancy and a snack closet that’s constantly stocked with a variety of snacks ranging from super healthy protein bars to a delicious bag of greasy chips
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance, Supplemental Life Insurance, and a Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with strong company match and a wide variety of investment options
- Flexible Unlimited Vacation Policy
- Charitable Matching Program
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, karaoke, and game nights
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning, and cross-department connections
- Casual office environment where jeans and flip flops are acceptable. #NoSuits
- Convenient access to the MBTA via red, green, orange line & Commuter Rail (Downtown Crossing Station, Park Street & South Station are a few blocks away)