Biomedical Engineer at PathAI
PathAI's mission is to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. Our platform promises substantial improvements to the accuracy of diagnosis and the efficacy of treatment of diseases like cancer, leveraging modern approaches in machine learning. Rigorous science and careful analysis is critical to the success of everything we aspire to do. Our team, comprising diverse employees with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, is passionate about solving challenging problems and making a huge impact.
We are looking for a candidate who is enthusiastic about taking a hands-on, problem-solving approach, and working with machine learning scientists, pathologists, statisticians, and external partners in a collaborative work environment that is focused on improving patient outcomes. The right candidate will have outstanding academic records and strong communication skills, will demonstrate innovative and analytical thinking, and will enjoy working in an interdisciplinary team. Most importantly, we are looking for those who are passionate about the application of computational methods towards advancing precision medicine.
This role can be based in Boston or NYC.
What you’ll do:
- Deploy computational tools, develop data analysis strategies and write algorithms for the exploration of digital pathology datasets.
- Conceive, implement and test machine learning models using PathAI’s cutting edge technologies; work collaboratively and seamlessly with pathologists and scientists to translate these models into novel tools for computational pathology in a business-driven environment.
- Perform analysis of these rich datasets including those involving patient outcomes, quantifying drug effect, relating pathology to cellular expression (RNA seq) and genetic phenotypes, among others.
- Explore novel data visualization tools, with emphasis on displaying high dimensional biological datasets and connecting model predictions with biology.
- Contribute to the writing and data analysis for publications.
- Present at internal meetings, external meetings with business partners, and at international conference meetings including leading biological, clinical, and machine learning conferences.
What you’ll need:
- A Bachelor's or Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline (such as computer science, computational biology, physics, or statistics), or in biology with a strong quantitative background. 2022 Graduates welcome to apply now!
- Fast learner, analytical thinker, creative, "hands-on", highly collaborative team-player.
- Background in statistics and machine learning is preferred.
- Proficiency in Python is required.
- Strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of pathology or cancer biology is a plus, but is NOT required. A strong interest and inclination to acquire such knowledge is required.
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.
With the rise of employment phishing scams, especially during the current COVID-19 situation, we ask candidates to be extra vigilant. Be careful about providing any kind of personal information, such as location, age, or financial information to recruiters who may be impersonating PathAI employees. PathAI does not require payment for interviews or for applicants to purchase their own work supplies for reimbursement.