Backend Python Engineer, Explainable AI at DataRobot
As a Python Engineer on our Explainable AI team, you will actively contribute to making AI more accessible, actionable and explainable with the goal of removing barriers to the use of machine learning.
The Explainable AI team is responsible for automated insights into the evaluation of machine learning models and how they make their predictions. We have an obsessive focus on quality, user experience and pushing the limits of what is possible when it comes to software engineering.
DataRobot is based around delivering best-in-class data science solutions and this position provides the opportunity to build a core component of our platform that will increase trust in AI.
- Participating in the discovery around new ways to automate data science tools
- Design and development of RESTful APIs and integration of accompanying services
- Developing state-of-the-art insights in tandem with our multidisciplinary team of data scientists and front-end engineers
- Develop, test and support a robust infrastructure for insights into machine learning models
- Create and maintain automated unit tests and functional tests
- 3+ years of production experience in Python
- Demonstrable experience with MongoDB
- Demonstrable knowledge of computer science fundamentals, whether by degree or otherwise
- An obsessive focus on performance and code quality
- System/performance engineering (profiling process memory/cpu/io/network usage, system calls, flame graphs)
- Personal drive to get things finished
- Effective communication behavior
- Core PyData experience (Numpy, Scipy, pandas, and Scikit learn)
- 8+ years development experience
- Publicly reviewable contributions to interesting development projects
- Experience with both python 2 and 3
- Experience with R
- Experience supporting user-facing code and APIs
- Experience/understanding resource management services workflow (Hadoop/Yarn, Mesos, Kubernetes, AWS, OpenStack, Docker or any other)
Individuals seeking employment at DataRobot are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.