This position is responsible for developing, delivering, managing, and improving operational automation for the Managed Services team. This role includes participating in architectural planning and automation related to delivery of InterSystems Managed Services offering in both private and public cloud environments.
- Develop automation playbooks required to deploy, maintain, and operate both private and public cloud offerings.
- Ensure that security policies and practices are applied to all activities and deliverables.
- Mentor less experienced staff in developing group-wide capabilities in the development, deployment, and maintenance of automation for public and private cloud environments.
- Work with stakeholders in other departments to understand requirements of new or modified managed service offers for the purpose of adapting them for best architecture and automated delivery and management.
- Develop and maintain expertise in related InterSystems products to ensure best practice delivery and operation.
- Develop and maintain expertise in all cloud platforms to ensure best practice delivery and operation.
- Participate in audit evidence collection and delivery related to external audit activities.
- Participate in design and support activities with managed services customers, as required.
- Participate in activities related to managed services that may require out of business hours work.
- Develop and maintain documentation appropriate to role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or equivalent.
- 4+ years of working with all aspects of operational automation:
- Experience with delivery of complex, cloud-based deployments.
- Experience with development, testing, and maintenance of automation playbooks
- Linux operating system automation experience
- Networking automation experience
- Security and firewall automation experience
- Strong Ansible experience and knowledge
- REST API use
- Significant knowledge developing and delivering solutions with AWS (preferred) or another major public cloud platform
- Working knowledge in these areas is also desirable:
- Puppet configuration management
- Python programming
- Certifications in major public cloud platform and delivery
- Experience managing cloud security
- Demonstrated analytic, written, and oral communication skills.
- RedHat Satellite experience a plus.
- Passing of background check, which may include verification of prior employment, criminal conviction history, educational and driving records.
InterSystems is the engine behind the world’s most important applications. In healthcare, business, government, and other sectors where lives and livelihoods are at stake, InterSystems is the power behind what matters™. Founded in 1978, InterSystems is a privately held company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts (USA), with offices worldwide, and its software products are used daily by millions of people in more than 80 countries. For more information, visit InterSystems.com.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. InterSystems is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.