Automation Architect at Perficient
At Perficient you’ll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you’ll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world’s biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We’re proud to be publicly recognized as a “Top Workplace” year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for an Automation Architect on our Quality Assurance team, ideally based in Chicago, Columbus, Detroit or St. Louis.
As an Automation Architect for Quality Assurance, you will provide Thought Leadership and drive innovation to evaluate and establish the architecture to support test automation across multiple projects.
- Evaluate and establish the architecture to support Test Automation across multiple projects.
- Establish Automation Testing strategic roadmap for client projects.
- Own and aggressively drive forward specific areas of technology architecture. Provide architectural solutions/designs to project execution teams for implementation.
- Provide architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps for one or more technology domains.
- Lead projects within architecture. Work with Product Owner/Business Analysts to understand functional requirements and interact with other cross-functional teams to architect, design, develop, test, and release features.
- Develop Proof-of-Concept projects to validate new architectures and solutions.
- Support multiple Agile Scrum teams with planning, scoping and creation of technical solutions for the new product capabilities, through to continuous delivery to production.
- Mentor and provide architectural guidance to multiple teams building innovative applications.
- Drive common vision, practices and capabilities across teams.
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand required capabilities, integrating business knowledge with technical solutions.
- Engage with Technical and Performance Architects and technical staff to determine the most appropriate technical strategy and designs to meet business needs.
- Demonstrate broad solutions technical leadership, impacting significant technical direction, exerting influence outside of the immediate team and driving change.
- Provides leadership with the design, development, implementation and maintenance of automation infrastructure (scripts, functions, programs, and processes) to increase the efficiency of testing processes.
- Drive architecting, implementing Automated testing process to support a CI/CD environment.
- Define architecture, design, and implementation of the QA Automation Framework
- Minimum of 10 years of QA experience and 6+ years hands-on designing Automation frameworks
- 5+ years of experience on the toolsets (Jira, ALM, Selenium, SOAP UI/Ready API, Java for API (Restful) automation, Postman, Katalon, Azure, Appium and other automation tools.
- 5+ year of hands on experience in implementing and using CI/CD framework technologies such as Jenkins or Bamboo and other tools
- 3+ years of experience working as a member of an Agile team
- Extensive knowledge in testing API, Mobile, and Responsive web applications
- Good to have knowledge on Containers, Virtualization, and Test Data management tools.
- Follow and promote Agile practices like SCRUM, BDD, ATDD, TDD and Continuous Integration with Jenkins.
- Someone who seeks to understand the "why" and not just the "what"
- Someone who drives to deliver customer value versus meeting customer demands and someone who persistently drives activity to achieve results
- Must have a solid understanding of delivery methodology and lead teams in the implementation of the solution according to the design/architecture.
- Fluent and current on architecture trends with an eye on market/technical conditions and future direction.
- Experience in defining new architectures and ability to drive an independent project from an architectural stand point.
- Leadership and team management experience with ability to provide strategic planning and oversight
- Experience leading customer workshop sessions to educate customers on the latest technology trends and best practices
- Track record of leadership roles delivering solutions within defined timeframes
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time. #LI-AB1