Audio Systems Engineer at Owl Labs
Owl Labs is hiring an Audio Systems Engineer to grow our audio team and join our cross-functional development team. The ideal candidate has experience testing and tuning communication device audio systems and can analyze results and debug issues. You can expect the opportunity to grow to help design and improve future audio systems.
Owl Labs’ mission is to solve a problem we’ve all experienced: meetings suck, and they are especially painful for the remote participants on the other side of the call. Considering the rapid growth in remote and distributed work, this is a perfectly timed problem for Owl Labs to solve. The market is hungry for products and content that make remote and distributed work better.
With $22.3M funding from Spark Capital, Matrix Partners, and Playground Global, Owl Labs has created the Meeting Owl, a 360° smart video conferencing camera that sits in the center of the table and uses robotics algorithms to automatically highlight different people as they talk. After launching the product in June 2017, thousands of companies have purchased the Meeting Owl, saying it offers the most natural and inclusive meeting experience they’ve ever seen.
In this role, you will impact some of the company’s most important product development goals.
Skills & Requirements:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Proficiency in C and C++, and ability to develop clean well-documented modular code
- 3-5 years testing and tuning communication device audio systems (e.g. cell phones, conference room phones)
- Familiarity with audio concepts surrounding acoustic systems containing microphones and speakers
- Experience with tuning and troubleshooting conferencing signal processing algorithms such as equalization, dynamic range control, echo cancellation, and noise suppression
- Experience with audio digital signal processing concepts.
- Experience with version control and bug tracking systems
- Strong communication skills, appreciation of documentation, and co-work & customer empathy
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with embedded systems, particularly embedded Linux
- Experience with embedded software development principles and procedures
- Experience as deep technical support for customer support for mass market products
- Experience writing Audio DSP algorithms
Owl Labs is ~30% remote and headquarters are based in Somerville, MA. This role can be either an on-site or remote position. Please specify in your application.