Associate Technical Architect at Acquia
Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology (built around Drupal) that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia is looking for Technical Architects who have a passion for delivering killer web experiences and wowing their customers. You get to guide and drive technical application design for Acquia customers and lead technical teams of some of the best talent in the Drupal and web development communities (from both Acquia and our top-notch partners around the world). You will help Acquia’s clients across all industries including government, consumer goods, pharma, gaming and media to make the most of the power of Drupal and open source.
Acquia’s team of enterprise Drupalists are helping our customers build killer web experiences, migrate to Drupal, tune and improve their Drupal implementations, and advise on all things Drupal and web architecture. With the rapid adoption of Drupal as a web platform, and with our growing number of Acquia-led technical development projects supporting our clients and partners, our Technical Architects are in high demand. They consult remotely or travel onsite periodically to work with some of the most talented technologists and some of the hottest web properties on leading edge web development projects. Engagements vary by customer and can include anything from custom coding and mentoring of partner and client teams to application design and ongoing guidance on architecture through development and application launch.
- Prior deep experience building, leading and architecting Drupal applications
- Knowledge of or experience with other CMS technologies and/or open-source technologies is a plus
- Guide technical discussions with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Negotiate mutually agreeable outcomes with clients, partners and Acquia stakeholders
- Perform complex Drupal development tasks including custom module development using the Drupal API system and hooks from major Drupal core systems
- Experience defining and scoping a technical solution for large scale Drupal projects
- Experience working in a consulting or agency environment with direct interaction with enterprise level clients preferred
- Excellent ability to partner with both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong leadership and presentation skills
Key Skills and Attributes:
- 2+ years developing Drupal applications
- Passion for the web, open source development, and for helping us build meaningful experiences
- PHP coding, SQL administration, and optimization, and Unix/Linux or Windows server administration are key
- Perform work with (internal and external) customer satisfaction in mind, while not compromising the integrity of the work
- Must be a self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience providing technical support or consulting strongly preferred
- Strong problem-solving abilities, initiative, and the ability to thrive under pressure
- Maintain a positive and constructive outlook, focus on driving results, finding solutions / breakthroughs to solve problems and challenges; has a positive influence on peers.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Work in collaborative and supportive manner
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred
- Ability to travel up to 25% in the future
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.