As a associate software engineer, you will work with seasoned Product and Engineering leaders in small teams to bring software innovation to customers of our Computer Assisted Physician Documentation solutions. Software development embraces a fast-paced and agile environment where product and engineering teams will see their work developed and released frequently.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and produce high quality and well-documented code for various platform components in multiple programming languages.
- Collaborate with Product Management and peer software engineers to design, develop, and implement features for our AI based Computer Assisted Physician Documentation solutions.
- Work with Product Management to analyze product requirements and customer needs, to write both functional and technical specifications for application components as well as major features/versions.
- Participate in all phases of the software development cycle as part of a multi-functional Scrum team.
- Implement and maintain both unit tests and automated functional test coverage in collaboration with quality engineering Scrum team members.
- Ability to learn and adapt new technologies quickly.
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Computer Science.
- 1+ year Java experience or 1-2+ Java related internships.
- Java development practical experience.
- Understanding of SQL databases, ability to write queries.
- Experience with a cloud-hosted platform, such as Azure or AWS.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred Skills :
- C# development experience.
- Experience with distributed systems programming (protocols: HTTP/REST, WebSockets, SOAP, gRPC).
- Experience using Jira.
- Experience working in multi-threading environment.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.