Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Check out our team Life at Nuance!
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and produce high quality and well-documented code for our computer-aided physician documentation platform primarily in Ruby on Rails.
- Collaborate with Product Management and peer software engineers to design, develop, and implement features for our AI based Computer Assisted Physician Documentation solutions.
- Work with Product Management to analyze product requirements and customer needs, to help write both functional and technical specifications for application components as well as major features/versions.
- Participate in all phases of the software development and testing cycle as part of a multi-functional Scrum team.
- Implement and maintain both unit tests and automated functional test coverage in collaboration with other Scrum team members.
- Ability to learn and adapt new technologies quickly.
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent
- 1+ year Ruby and Ruby on Rails experience
- Practical experience in Ruby on Rails
- Familiar with SQL
- Familiar with a hosted platform, such as Azure or AWS
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well both within and across Scrum teams
Preferred Skills :
- Experience using Jira / Git or similar tools
- Experience with distributed systems using HTTP/REST, WebSockets a plus
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.