Associate Software Engineer at Acquia
Acquia is the open digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with products built around Drupal to allow them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration — giving our customers and partners the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named one of North America’s fastest growing software companies by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, rated a leader by the analyst community, and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
Our success begins with our team. That’s why Acquia prides itself on hiring innovative people who demonstrate an eagerness to grow, make an impact, and seek out new challenges to create bigger, better, and bolder customer experiences.
To do this, we match our talented new hires that have a passion and dedication to learning and contributing with opportunities that not only harness their strengths but also challenge them to stretch beyond their comfort zone and tackle problems at the edge of their skill set. Our goal is to present opportunities that inspire collaboration, creativity, and professional development.
About the team you will be on…
The Web Platform Engineering team is growing and we are looking for passionate engineers who want to build the next generation of tools for Acquia’s biggest customers. This highly functioning and fast-paced team is responsible for creating Platform APIs and Kubernetes Controllers with a great focus on performance, testing, and automation.
As the Associate Software Engineer, you will…
- Design and develop features that will continue to evolve the Platform APIs and hosting product at Acquia.
- Work in an Agile Scrum team building shippable product increments that meet the goals set by the Product team.
- Participate in the entire software development lifecycle including development, automated test construction, deployment and operations.
- Develop unit and system tests that give the team confidence to deploy to production multiple times per day.
- Produce comprehensive software documentation for public and internal use.
- Provide product support to internal and external stakeholders.
You’ll enjoy this role if you…
- Use sound rationale for problem identification and decision making, and can transfer that knowledge to other engineers on the team.
- Want to work in a collaborative and supportive manner with not only your team but internal stakeholders as well.
- Strive to consistently achieve excellence in not only for yourself, but for your teammates.
- Are passionate about creating and maintaining high quality software and enjoy refactoring code as you strive for continuous improvement.
- Are eager to learn modern methodologies and enjoy learning new strategies and techniques for solving complex problems, such as Domain Driven Design.
What you’ll need to be successful…
- Experienced in programming languages like PHP / Golang.
- Comfortable with Linux and MacOS environments.
- Working knowledge of LAMP-based stacks.
- Familiarity with basic API and networking concepts
- Experience with Drupal.
- Experience with additional programming languages.
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with continuous integration and/or continuous delivery.
We are committed to continually strengthening our people-first culture within our Acquia family. Acquia is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Our highly motivated team features individuals from a multitude of backgrounds who offer their unique perspectives, starting with their first project as a new hire to their 100th as a manager and beyond. For every step in between, we help Acquians grow by promoting a culture of continuous learning through mentorship, knowledge-sharing, feedback, and more.
Thank you for considering Acquia for your next career move, and we look forward to receiving your application. There’s no such thing as the perfect candidate. So, we’re not looking for someone who matches all of our criteria; we’re looking for someone with the potential to grow outward and upward. Regardless of how much of the criteria you meet, you should apply!
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.