Associate Software Engineer at Acquia
Acquia is driving the open-source revolution as the leading provider of cloud-based digital experience management solutions. What does that mean? Collaborators within Acquia and volunteers around the globe are continually strengthening Drupal, our award-winning platform, to fuel the dreamers and doers who are delivering amazing digital experiences at the world’s most ambitious brands like Pinterest, Whole Foods, and the Australian government.
Our success begins with our team. That’s why Acquia prides itself on hiring innovative people who demonstrate an eagerness to grow, make an impact, and seek out new challenges to create bigger, better, and bolder customer experiences.
To do this, we match our talented new hires that have a passion and dedication to learning and contributing with opportunities that not only harness their strengths but also challenge them to stretch beyond their comfort zone and tackle problems at the edge of their skill set. Our goal is to present opportunities that inspire collaboration, creativity, and professional development.
About the team you will be on…
The Acquia Cloud Data Services team is growing rapidly and we are looking for passionate software engineers who want to collaborate, define, design, build, and operate enterprise-level persistent cloud services. This fast-paced team is focused on creating scalable Database and File System services and features from the ground up that are the backbone enabling our customers to securely deliver their brands and digital experience across the world to millions of users.
As the Associate Software Engineer, you will…
- Design, develop features that help evolve the technical direction of the database, and file system services
- Work in a DevOps focused team owning and operating the services you create in accordance with service level objectives
- Working in an Agile Scrum team building shippable product increments that meet the goals set by the Product Owners
- Participate in the entire software development lifecycle including development, automated test construction, deployment and operations
- Develop unit and automated integration tests that give the team confidence to deploy to production on a predictable cadence
- Produce comprehensive software documentation for internal teams and our customers
- Provide product support to internal and external stakeholders
You’ll enjoy this role if you…
- Use sound rationale for problem identification and decision-making, and can transfer that knowledge to other engineers on the team
- Work in a collaborative and supportive manner with not only your team but internal stakeholders as well
- Strive to consistently achieve excellence in work delivered not only for yourself, but for your teammates
- Are passionate about creating and maintaining high quality software with test-driven development, continuous refactoring and an eye for simplicity
What you’ll need to be successful…
- Experienced in multiple programming languages, including PHP, Ruby and Go
- Very comfortable in a Linux environment
- Firsthand experience in database/Linux file system operations and management
- Relevant technical degree or 3+ years equivalent experience
- Strong working knowledge of LAMP and Ruby based stacks
- Strong Object Oriented Programming experience
- Cloud hosting experience (e.g., Amazon Web Services, Google Compute)
- Holistic understanding of the Internet and hosting from the network layer up through the application layer.
- Strong background with service oriented architecture, building scalable, reliable systems
Extra credit if you have…
- Experience in different programming languages:
- PHP, Ruby, and Go
- Experience with modern containerization systems
- Docker, LXC, runc, etc.
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Linux OS system management
- Ubuntu, RHEL, Amazon Linux, etc.
- Operational knowledge of Drupal in a production setting
We are committed to continually strengthening our people-first culture within our Acquia family. Acquia is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Our highly motivated team features individuals from a multitude of backgrounds who offer their unique perspectives, starting with their first project as a new hire to their 100th as a manager and beyond. For every step in between, we help Acquians grow by promoting a culture of continuous learning through mentorship, knowledge-sharing, feedback, and more.
Thank you for considering Acquia for your next career move, and we look forward to receiving your application. There's so such thing as the perfect candidate. So, we're not looking for someone who matches all of our criteria; we're looking for someone with the potential to grow outward and upward. Regardless of how much of the criteria you meet, you should apply!
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.