Associate Software Engineer at Interactions
Interactions, LLC is the world’s largest independent AI company. We operate at the intersection of customer experience and AI – two of today’s most innovative and dynamic industries. Since 2004, we’ve helped leading companies like MetLife, Hyatt, Shutterfly, and LifeLock have millions of successful conversations, resulting in saving operational cost and increasing productivity.
Interactions’ 5-year vision is to accelerate a transition from today’s frustrating and uninspired customer service experiences into amazing conversational engagements! Allowing customers to communicate in their own words and on their channel of choice, to accomplish tasks, all without having to go through an agent. In doing this via our conversational AI engine, our customers benefit from dramatically improved customer experience and increased customer engagement, while also saving significant and demonstrable operational expenses.
As a member of one of our Engineering teams, you will contribute to building solutions that use natural language processing, cognitive computing, and artificial intelligence applications or the frameworks and infrastructure that support them.
As a Software Engineer at Interactions, you will be responsible for the full software development life cycle. As a contributor to the team you will work closely with other members of the team and collaborate with DevOps, Product Owners, Professional Services, Operations and other teams. You will be a part of a team that is responsible for designing new features/functionality and sustaining the platform and ensuring 24x7 uptime. You'll have the opportunity to learn the latest industry standard technologies around speech and natural language processing methodologies, high scalability/reliability, containerization and cloud services.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for implementing key components, features and capabilities
- Contribute to the creation of a highly scalable, highly available SaaS platform
- Develop high-volume, high-performance, high-availability, concurrent applications using proven Java frameworks and technologies
- Troubleshooting and fixing issues
- Effectively communicate within and outside the team
- Participate in daily Scrum activities to communicate clearly with the stakeholders
- Provide technical and production support to end-users
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Perform peer reviews and use design patterns / best practices
Preparation, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
We're looking for someone who is/has:
- A genuine passion for coding and software engineering
- Excited to be a part of a dynamic, growing company where your software has a direct impact
- Wanting to work on full-stack development with an emphasis on the back-end
- An active learner that can pick up the latest technologies and apply them as needed
- Knowledgeable in how to debug and can demonstrate problem solving skills
- A go getter that takes pride in finding solutions to complex problems
- Experience with object-oriented programming like Java (preferred)
- Interested in proper component / architecture design
- Interested in working in a challenging environment
- Able to communicate effectively
- Desire to be part of a team and work closely with others
So, why work at Interactions? We've created a culture of people who are dedicated to helping each other and the company succeed. We take time to celebrate wins and recognize accomplishments. Whether it’s a seasonal event or friendly competition, we’re always thinking of new ways to have fun.
Our team's health and well-being is important to us. In addition to a full suite of benefits, we offer 5 weeks of time off with pay, 401k matching, paid parental leave and flexible work schedules. We are all committed to the company’s success by being valued shareowners and are incentivized through individual performance and company results. Come join us!
Interactions is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, marital status, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.