Associate Performance Engineer - Hiring 2022 Grads at Veeva (Greater Boston Area, MA)
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:45 p.m. (EST) on Saturday, April 9, 2022
Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - it’s up to you.
Our brand-new engineering hub in Boston is hiring over 200 engineers -- including new graduates. If you are a recently minted engineering graduate, then Veeva's Engineering Development Program (EDP) is a perfect way to learn and build highly scalable multi-tenant cloud software.
As an Associate Performance Engineer, you’ll work on the Vault CDMS Performance Engineering team, which utilizes modern technologies and best practices to ensure that Veeva Vault CDMS is fast and efficient. The Performance Engineering Team works within the Vault CDMS Development Team and participates in all phases of the software development lifecycle.
At time of application, please attach the most updated version of your academic transcript, if applicable.
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Veeva does not provide sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B, OPT or TN status) for this employment position.
What You'll Do
- Test new and existing features pre-production to make sure they will scale and perform
- Collaborate with team members in Product Management, Engineering Management, and Quality
- Assurance to help design and develop performance tests
- Implement and execute load tests in JMeter
- Work with development team to profile code and identify performance bottlenecks
- Solid CS fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design)
- Experience with Java and scripting tools such as Shell scripting
- Working knowledge of computer architecture and operating systems
- Proficient with Linux including system tools such as vmstat, top, etc
- Excellent analytical skills and tenacity with problem-solving
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical degree
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Don’t have a university degree? That’s OK if you have the equivalent skills gained through work experience or disciplined self-study
Nice to Have
- Experience with load testing tools such as JMeter or LoadRunner
- Understanding of Java application profiling and analyzing heap and thread dumps
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]