Associate Marketing Cloud Engineer at Acquia
Acquia is the open digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with products built around Drupal to allow them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration — giving our customers and partners the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named one of North America’s fastest growing software companies by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, rated a leader by the analyst community, and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
Acquia is looking for an Associate Marketing Cloud Engineer to join our Pre-Sales demo team. The role will provide support for the sales engineers with custom demos, integration configurations, and demo tools to improve scalability. This is an exciting job that mixes working with Acquia Products and other emerging technologies at the forefront of innovation and experimentation - our team is known for innovating and improving many Acquia products.
This is a unique team - we are the specialists in using Acquia’s Products to find creative, new solutions. As a result, our team is composed of highly creative and productive people who work in a stimulating and encouraging environment. We deliver outstanding results.
We often wear a number of hats and find ourselves doing work on multiple technologies of choice, creating new exciting solutions supporting our Pre-sales team. You will have the opportunity to learn lots of skills and work with several different teams across the company. This role is for a person who loves to dream, envision, and create working solutions that stretch the limit of what is possible.
You will become an expert in our marketing cloud products - CDP, Campaign Studio, and Personalization. You will also focus on data imports and updates to the CDP, building reports and analytics, managing integrations between marketing systems, and making use of ML/AI outputs as part of the larger solution. You will become the voice of knowledge and the hero of the team by delivering solution demos without breaking a sweat.
This is a very unique job on a very unique team. If you are a dreamer, let us know.Responsibilities:
- Work primarily with demonstration software to be used in Acquia's sales opportunities.
- Create reusable solutions for demonstrating Acquia’s Customer Data Platform
- Brainstorm and create methods to generate new data into the software
- Work with the field Solutions team to execute on Pilots and Proof of Concepts.
- Support Acquia's Solutions Engineering team, enabling them to demo effectively.
- Learn new technologies such as Hadoop, Integration patterns, etc.
- Interact daily with the team over scrum and Slack/chat channels.
- Become a specialist on using Acquia’s Marketing Cloud products.
The following traits and skill sets will be helpful in this role:
- 1-3 years experience in a SaaS, cloud technology environment
- Experience with SQL using any database technology
- Analytical and critical problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Innate motivation to uncover and build solutions
- Curiosity about and willingness to learn new platforms and technologies unique to client environments
- Enjoys drawing meaningful conclusions from the data
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple initiatives simultaneously
The following skills are not vital but are advantageous to starting off on a path to success in the role:
- Knowledge of Hadoop, Hive QL, Impala
- Experience with CMS
- Web analytics (e.g. Google Analytics, CoreMetrics, SiteCatalyst)
- Working knowledge of email service providers (e.g. Mautic, Silverpop, ExactTarget, Responsys)
- Familiarity or experience with ML/AI technologies
We are committed to continually strengthening our people-first culture within our Acquia family. Acquia is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Our highly motivated team features individuals from a multitude of backgrounds who offer their unique perspectives, starting with their first project as a new hire to their 100th as a manager and beyond. For every step in between, we help Acquians grow by promoting a culture of continuous learning through mentorship, knowledge-sharing, feedback, and more.
Thank you for considering Acquia for your next career move, and we look forward to receiving your application. There’s no such thing as the perfect candidate. So, we’re not looking for someone who matches all of our criteria; we’re looking for someone with the potential to grow outward and upward. Regardless of how much of the criteria you meet, you should apply!
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.