Application Engineer at Formlabs
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Formlabs is hiring an Applications Engineer to expand awareness and understanding of our accessible desktop 3D printing. The Applications Engineer will collaborate with customers and other internal stakeholders to document reliable and novel processes, tutorials, and whitepapers to inspire and inform Formlabs customers and the 3D printing community at large. If you are excited to take on this important role and build creative programs, we want you as our Application Engineer.
- Research, propose, and develop highly visual demonstrations of 3D printing workflows
- Write highly engaging tutorials, blog posts whitepapers, technical guidelines and website content to engage prospective customers and make our existing customers more successful
- Collaborate with and support customers already doing amazing things, providing input and guidance to help them succeed, and discovering new and interesting workflows
- Stay up to date with the latest trends and popular topics in the industry, benchmarking competitors and advising development teams so we can offer industrial solutions at a fraction of the cost.
- Work with the Growth Marketing team to identify key search terms to target with new content and support Growth campaigns with valuable assets.
- 3D modeling, 3D printing, writing, documentation, part finishing, experimentation, strategy, and communication.
- Have an interdisciplinary skill-set and demonstrable experience in projects related to 3D printing and modeling.
- Have a background in technology or a demonstrated path on writing technical content
- Are able and eager to communicate and share your work - through writing and visuals, 3D models or tutorials.
- Highly curious and creative. Hands-on problem solver.
- Are a perfectionist and have an attention to detail, but are still able to push projects through to completion.
- Have an interest in traditional and artisanal processes relating to materials, making and fabrication processes and modern tools like 3D scanning, CAD, and other emerging technologies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.