Kyruus is dedicated to its mission to make healthcare work better for everyone by connecting people to the care they need. This role will be in our health plan business unit as we work on simplifying the complex healthcare landscape. Together, we’ll improve the lives of our users by helping them to make better healthcare choices.
The Application Architect is a senior technical leadership contributor primarily focused on governance, mentorship, and technical innovation. This candidate should be strong technically, with experience working at all parts of the stack. Additionally, this candidate should have great communication skills, both in written proposals and proof-of-concepts, and the ability to drive design towards consensus.
What You'll Do:
- Define application best practices in a cloud-native microservices application ecosystem.
- Collaborate with business customers, service owner/platform team, and other stakeholders to design enhancements and new features.
- Socialize design approaches across teams, in both formal and informal settings.
- Create “backbone” implementations that accelerate time to implementation for service owner teams.
- Drive the policy for application governance and maturity processes.
- Provide architectural guidance and technical direction across the full web stack.
- Engage in paired programming, BDD/TDD, peer reviews, and XP and agile best practices.
- Unblock impediments, estimate scope, coordinate resources, track progress.
- Maintain strong partnerships across the organization and collectively work to create great experiences.
- Communicate clearly in a timely manner in both verbal and written communication with other Software Development Engineers, Leaders, and Executives.
- Inspire others.
Who You Are:
- A senior full-stack software development engineer, or hands-on architect who has strong design skills and would like to grow their career.
- Highly technically proficient in core technologies and methodologies used by the teams.
- Able to work well with, and potentially lead, groups of business customers and technology partners.
- Able to provide direction to others in analyzing and solving program and system issues and problems.
- Able to drive and champion rapidly changing technologies and methodologies and apply them to technological and/or business needs of significant scope.
- Dependable in understanding, diagnosing and resolving problems and system coordination issues.
- Able to provide technical direction and solutions to other team members. Recognizes differences of how senior managers think and work. Relays status to management and peers in a timely manner.
- Able to lead complex work efforts which includes estimating, coordinating, tracking progress, inspiring others to complete tasks on time, assisting with resolving issues and creating status reports. Creates a climate where people want to do their best. Can motivate and empower others on work teams.
- Demonstrated expertise and ability to lead others in defensive programming.
- Enthusiastic learner, keeping current on trends and advancements within area of specialization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or a related field and at least 4-6 years relevant experience in a multi-platform environment as a senior contributor or technical lead for microservices based software teams.
- Strong ability to develop Java-based web applications and microservices.
What We Do As a Team:
- Create a positive environment with lots of mentoring, pairing, and shared responsibility.
- Adopt a DevOps culture and mindset with service ownership.
- Strive to automate everything with goals toward continuous integration and deployment.
- Work with team members, peers, architects, and other teams to maintain cohesiveness and consistency across products and features.
- Practice XP, Agile, and Scrum.
- Strive to implement interfaces with the highest WCAG and 508 accessibility compliance.
- Continuous improvement within our team, our products, the company, and most importantly, the lives of healthcare consumers.
- Collaborate in learning and knowledge sharing.
Appropriate Technology Background:
- Use of UML to design software system using frameworks such as PlantUML
- Server-side technologies: Java
- Strong understanding of microservices patterns and decomposition of monolithic systems.
- Strong understanding and experience with SSO, Authentication and security technologies ie. JWT. SAML, OAuth2
- Stong understanding of separating concerns and data domain design.
- Application Tools: GitHub, CircleCI, JFrog, Docker, JIRA
- Amazon Web Services: S3, EC2, ECS, Lambda, AWS-SDK, Cloudwatch
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kyruus is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information. We will not discriminate, in any employment decision, against any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans/national guard/military reserve status. This shall be done in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws in every location in which Kyruus has facilities.
Read Full Job Description