At Perficient you’ll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you’ll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world’s biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We’re proud to be publicly recognized as a “Top Workplace” year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
About Our APIMC Practice:
Perficient’s APIMC (APIM and Containers) – API Management practice delivers enterprise-level solutions and services in the API and API management space which has quickly become one of the cornerstones of the modern IT landscape. Our group has been at the forefront of Perficient’s integration services for the last 15 plus years delivering large-scale, mission-critical middleware implementations in healthcare, telecom, energy, and many other verticals. The extension of APIs and API management is a natural evolution for the skills of our talented team of consultants.
Perficient’s APIMC group is currently looking for a API Strategy Director with primary focus on MuleSoft. The API Strategy Director at Perficient is a leadership position for individuals with the expertise and experience to stand out among their peers as a thought leader and subject matter expert in APIs, Integration and API Management. As a API Strategy Director you will bring API thought leadership to the group to help grow the practice in all capabilities including building strategic relationships with customers, Intellectual property, Delivery, Sales & Marketing.
Specifics of this position may include:
- Key participant in the business development process.Actively demonstrate differentiable thought leadership in APIs, Integration & API Management
- Provide MuleSoft advisory services to help customers in achieving their business & IT goals by creating API and Industry specific solutions.
- Serve as a strategic advisor to customers, driving enterprise discussions to enable their digital transformation journey using MuleSoft platform.
- As a trusted advisor, work with customers to define recommended best practices using MuleSoft as part of the overall platform strategy.
- Develop integration maturity paths for customers by providing guidance around common patterns, governance, shared infrastructure, technical leadership and other best practices.
- Define and establish Centers for Enablement (C4E) for customers
- Provide API architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps in enterprise integration domain with focus on MuleSoft
- Develop Proof-of-Concept projects to validate new architectures and solutions.
- Lead and develop Perficient Intellectual property and actively author articles, whitepapers, and other knowledge objects.
- Develop and provide quality review of Proposals and Statements of Work
- Facilitate pre-sales discussions with the client
- Participate in the overall leadership of the business unit and support the goals of the business unit and Perficient overall
- Participate in collaborative business unit strategy / planning and the implementation of key aspects of the business unit’s plans
- Build and leverage informal networks across the greater Perficient organization
- Actively participate in in Perficient marketing events which may include public speaking events at conferences, webinars, etc.
- More than 15 years of overall experience with 8+ plus years specializing in multi-tier system integrations and API Management
- 3+ years of experience with MuleSoft Anypoint Platform and Comprehensive understanding of MuleSoft technologies
- Hands on experience with MuleSoft platform is required and certification is preferred
- Strong experience in establishing Center of Enablement (C4E), Governance, standards & best practices related to API program.
- Strong expertise in developing API strategy and capability roadmaps aligning to enterprise goals.
- Advanced understanding/exposure to overall API-Management concepts.
- Experience in defining overall API architecture, API implementations, integration and deployment
- Strong expertise in API-Led Connectivity architecture.
- Strong expertise on all aspects of API life cycle including DevOps and CI/CD.
- Proven track record working with and selling to the stakeholders, executives, and decision makers of Fortune 1000 companies.
- Proven domain expertise with experience building business cases and communicating client-specific value proposition and establishing yourself as a trusted advisor.
- Comfortable facilitating interactions and discussions with “C” level executives and ability to present proposal solutions to all levels of client management
- Demonstrated capability to handle Proof of Concept and solution demonstrations.
- Experience coordinating Sales team members to develop sales scripts, discovery process, best practices, sharing expertise/training and guiding solution development.
- Experience in sales support role, particularly discovery meetings, demos, roadmaps, and engagement assessment.
- Experience responding to RFPs/RFQs and procurement deadlines.
- Proven leadership and mentoring skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Advanced degree, preferred
- Must be open to travel.
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.