API Solutions Engineer at Toast
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive
Our team is looking to add an API Solutions Engineer dedicated to Toast’s Solutions Engineering and Sales teams. This resource will qualify and support our customers in building and integrating custom solutions with our API suite. This role will be the primary contact and support for our customers development teams to assure successful implementation and deployment, utilizing Toast’s best practices.
As an API Solutions Engineer, you will:
- Mastery in Toast API suite with complete knowledge of the architecture implemented and best practice recommendations.
- Validate customer integration requirements through live discovery and analysis.
- Provide technical direction and support to customers development teams during their development and QA cycles.
- Certify customers and their development teams on use of Toast APIs
- Collaborate with Product team to understand and translate Toast roadmap to customers and their development teams.
- Collaborate with Sales, Restaurant Success, and Solutions Engineering teams to identify API based solutions to meet customer business and operational objectives.
- Document and submit API feature requests based on customer requirements.
- Develop and improve processes, procedures and tools used in the support of customer integration projects.
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Minimum three years hospitality or related industry experience required
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs
- Ability to handle complex customer communications fluently while maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction
- Experience managing multiple customer engagements simultaneously, both tactical and strategic
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Detail oriented, must possess strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with change management and feature gap analysis processes
- Works under the Supervisor within the API Solutions Engineering team
- Must have the ability to work with minimal supervision
- A strong spirit and energy to provide the best support in the restaurant industry
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Travel 10% or more