Android Engineering Manager, Traveler Experience
Engineering Manager, Traveler Experience
The Traveler Experience group is looking to hire an engineering manager for our Android team. The team currently consists of seven highly skilled Android engineers across three locations.
The Traveler Experience group builds fundamental experiences for all users of TripAdvisor. Those users are looking for guidance and advice of all types, and across all parts of the travel planning and in-destination experience. Their aims span the aspirational: "show me anywhere in the world, I just want a life-changing experience", to the task-oriented: "help me plan the best possible trip to Belize, I love diving!", to the here-and-now: "I'm going to Chicago for a wedding next week, what's good this time of year?"
We spend our time obsessing over the hundreds of millions of unique monthly users of our products and how they can make the most of their time with us, so that they can experience the best trip possible.
Successful members of our team have a passion to positively impact our users, and actively seek out that opportunity from day one. Working in partnership with Product Management and Design, you will deliver solutions that scale to our community, that showcase our experience, and of which you can personally be proud.
We move quickly, we iterate constantly, and we're not afraid of setting big goals for ourselves. We value inclusion, we celebrate diversity, and we encourage giving. We believe and show with everything we do that we're better together.
- A great team of some of the most talented, most giving developers you'll ever work with
- Some really cool challenges that we'd love you to tackle with us
- Top quality facilities: High end building, full featured gym, game room.
- Free lunch every day
- Excellent compensation and benefits
- A passion to make an impact
- Experience delivering consumer product on Android
- Strong communication and people skills
- 7+ years experience as an engineer
- 3+ years experience as a manager
- Experience on other platforms is a plus.
Responsibilities of this role:
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Help to maintain our culture of fast-paced, quality software development
- Establish best practices
- Closely coordinate and collaborate with you product and design peers
- Critically assess our
- Help grow the team by identifying, vetting, and interviewing top quality candidates