Android Developer at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether tha .
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 20+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 125,000 restaurants in 2,400 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
On the Android team, you’ll help us build a world-class ecosystem of restaurant apps. Our work is driven by three questions: what’s best for our users? What’s best for our restaurant partners? And what’s best for ourselves, as developers of our own platform? Our native Android SDK powers all the apps in our network - a platform of features and customizations that can perfectly tailor our restaurant partners’ apps to what’s best for their users. We’re a group of talented, highly-motivated individuals with a shared passion for clean, well-tested, highly maintainable software. We’re looking to expand our team to support the rapid growth we’re expecting to begin in the next couple months.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- What tools and strategies help us stay at the cutting edge of the native mobile ecosystem?
- Our SDK is currently the foundation for over 200 apps. How can we safely expand to double that? Quadruple?
- We’re constantly developing awesome new features. Just a few topics we’re looking at for early 2020: a highly configurable homescreen; unified systems of design patterns; enhanced delivery capabilities leverage the powerful Grubhub ecosystem; and collaborating on the popular Grubhub app.
You Should Have
- 1+ years of professional native Android development experience in Kotlin or Java
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Computer science degree, similar technical education, or equivalent practical experience
- Distributed version control experience with Git
- Experience making apps that interact with RESTful APIs
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- Kotlin, RxJava, Retrofit, Dependency Injection (we use “Koin”), Jetpack (LiveData, ViewModel, etc.), UI & unit testing (we use Espresso for UI testing)
- MVVM architecture
- Continuous integration & delivery
- SDK development
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.