Director, Global Sales and Channel Operations
Rapid7 is seeking to recruit an experienced sales operations professional for the position of Director, Global Sales and Channel Operations to lead impactful and highly strategic operations programs to drive sales efficiencies and productivity across our global sales and channel organizations. S/he will interact at all levels of the organization and will have a key leadership role working with Go-to-Market Executives as well as other cross functional stakeholders. The Director, Global Sales & Channel Operations will lead a team of sales and channel operations professionals that spearhead sales forecasting, territory planning, incentive planning, channel program and sales process optimization, and overall resource allocation. This role will also define and oversee implementation and management of key sales tools as well as actively participate in the development, reporting and analysis of the Sales Organization metrics, goals and forecasting. The ideal candidate will be a highly energetic leader with significant sales operations and analytics experience. Qualified candidates will have experience building and scaling Sales Operations in a high growth environment.
● Design, implement, and manage sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes, establishing a high level of quality, accuracy, and process consistency.
● Facilitate pipeline review and create standardized leading indicators and metrics (standardized) that can be acted upon to improve overall sales performance.
● Be an advocate of the field and champion an “easy to do business with” approach; drive continuous improvement on all related sales processes, documents and tools to ensure ongoing standardization and simplification of the Sales process.
● Quarterback deal process and support non-standard deal structures
● Manage territory planning and sales resources optimization. Provide comprehensive analysis of territory alignment decisions; advise and drive sales quota setting process.
● Provide guidance, insight and recommendations to leadership team focused on increased revenue growth while improving overall sales team performance and effectiveness.
● Oversee and administer variable incentive compensation plans. Wok cross functionally with Finance and People Strategy to establish rules, policies, and procedures related to sales compensation and recognition and facilitate dispute resolution
● Support sales strategy and enablement initiatives around sales process and methodology focused on improving productivity, win rates, and visibility, and track performance against goals.
● Assists sales enablement in transition planning of new sales team members and on-boarding process.
● Ensure sales team readiness and operational process as it relates to new product / feature rollouts: capabilities, sales strategy, goals.
● Lead Channel Operations team in building relationships with channel partners, and drive and provide channel performance metrics and strategic alignment with go-to-market business goals.
● Lead alongside Channel Sales leadership the global recruitment, management, development, training and divesting of channel partners including timely signing of annual contract renewals.
● Support the development and management of the Global Partner Program including channel specific incentives and programs.
● Responsible for the framework and management of the channel program that is fully aligned with operations, finance, legal, sales and marketing organizations on an annual basis
● Identify areas for improvement, and design and facilitate successful implementation and adoption of new processes
● Work cross functionally with marketing, finance, product, and business analytics teams to solve complex business problems and drive strategic planning.
● Lead and counsel sales leadership in implementing objectives and define success metrics that align with go-to-market business goals. Responsible for leading short-term and long-term planning operating mechanisms that drive continuous improvement and growth strategies.
● Responsible for the recruitment, management and development of the sales and channel operations team and implement effective talent planning including evaluating current and future needs for hiring, developing or restructuring positions.
● Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Finance, Management, Marketing, Business Administration.
● Sales experience a strong benefit.
● MBA a plus.
● Minimum 10+ years of experience in an analytical leadership role, and providing strategic guidance and operational oversight in Sales Operations within an software sales environment.
● Demonstrated ability to be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
● Passion for leading a team and developing talent.
● Willing to roll up your sleeves, and pick up the shovel.
● Quick learner, curious and strong analytical skills; ability to dig into data, surface actionable insights and sound decision-making skills
● Results-oriented and demonstrated record of develop initiatives that impacts productivity
● Demonstrated ability to identify root causes of problems, generate and evaluate creative solutions, implements fact-based resolutions quickly and effectively.
● Strong communication skills, including establishing credibility and trust with customers and building influential relationships with partners in the business.
● Strong work ethic and customer service mentality
● Adaptable, strong team player with outstanding communication skills and ability to work with all functional areas