Director of Customer Happiness
Wistia is your friendly neighborhood video platform. Create, host, share, and measure beautiful videos like the human you are. We work hard to find easy, delightful solutions to complicated problems. The Customer Happiness Team embodies this work by tackling the issues our customers encounter with elegance and grace; we build relationships with our customers, who are marketing, sales, support, video production, and HR teams from companies of all shapes and sizes.
As the Director of Customer Happiness, you'll report to the COO and be responsible for leading our team of Customer Champions. While the Champs take care of reactive email support, they also impact the customer experience in other creative ways, like creating and managing self-service resources and improving the customer experience by triaging and fixing issues in the product. Put simply, you'll enable a deeply creative team to provide our customers with exceptionally creative support.
Your Typical day includes:
Surprise! There is no typical day. That said, you'll often find yourself working closely with the team discussing things like:
- How to improve our reactive support strategy by utilizing data and creativity
- Team projects beyond the inbox, which are designed to positively impact the customer experience and help Wistians grow
- How to support Customer Champions growth and development, a core part of the employee experience
This job might be for you if you have
- Strong empathy for customers and excitement for growth
- A love for digging deep into problems of all kinds, and for making processes as effective, intuitive and streamlined as they can be
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning & development
- Enthusiastic and creative leadership skills, with the ability to inspire others
- Top notch communication and presentation powers
- Proven expertise managing people and teams
- Several years' experience leading customer-facing organizations, ideally in a Saas business
- Experience scaling an organization and expanding overall customer experience
Upon coming on board, you can expect to:
First three months:
- Gain an understanding of Wistia’s business, goals, and strategic objectives.
- Learn not only the fundamentals of Wistia’s products and the range of our customers’ goals and use cases, but also how those things manifest themselves in support.
- Learn how to navigate an evolving organization to collaborate and get things done.
- Immerse yourself in the Customer Happiness team, learning its strengths and its opportunities for improvement and increased success.
- Develop initiatives that can meaningfully impact Wistia's support experience
- Develop an understanding of the customer support experience by getting first hand experience in our inbox and working directly with customers.
Three to twelve months:
- Identify and manage initiatives to achieve consistent excellence in key metrics, including reducing customer contact rate, and increasing customer satisfaction scores and support-specific NPS
- Ensure our support approach represents our values and mission to make business more human, and constantly elevate the level of customer experience
- Explore new avenues for customer support (today, we primarily focus on email)
- Work closely with the product, engineering, marketing and sales teams to translate customer feedback into strategic initiatives
- Develop Customer Champs, set clear expectations and success benchmarks for growth, and curate the resources and support to help them learn, improve, and succeed
Your success will be measured by:
- The metrical proxies of Customer Happiness: customer satisfaction ratings from support interactions, and support-specific NPS.
- Making the best support be no support, aka lowering contact rate (the percentage of our customers who need reactive support in any period).
- The consistent delivery, by the whole Customer Happiness team, of an effective and efficient support experience that represents Wistia’s values and mission.
- Leading a team that continually learns and develops, with each Champ moving towards mastery in technical support or customer education, or developing skills to support priority initiatives within Wistia
- Regular improvement in the Customer Happiness team’s internal employee NPS.
The type of business we’re building:
We work hard to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome - learn more about the type of company we’re building on our blog: . Read more about our unique culture and the benefits of working at Wistia on our Jobs page: . We also care about deeply about upholding and staying true to our company values - read more about them on our blog: .
If this sounds exciting to you, we hope you'll get in touch! We're profitable, growing, and have raised only seed money, so we have the luxury of being able to invest in whatever will best serve the long-term value of the company. We know the biggest investment we can make is in our employees, so we provide:
- A competitive salary and stock options package
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you make contributions
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid healthcare coverage for you and your family (including dental) and a healthcare FSA
- Up to 12 weeks paid family leave
- Untracked vacation and sick leave (Most employees take about four weeks of vacation)
- Transportation subsidies
- Financial support for continuing education, professional development and sponsorship for conferences
- A convenient office just south of Central Square in Cambridge, MA. We're right on the Red Line, surrounded by great restaurants, parks, and even a dog park.
- Plenty of office snacks and beverages, and a weekly catered team lunch.
- Annual winter ski trip (with plenty of non-skiing activities)
- Annual summer pond festival (lounging, water skiing, volleyball, etc)
We’ are working hard to make Wistia an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. We want you to have fun here! Come join us and let’s build a great company and product together.