Director of Client Solutions (East Coast)
EnergySavvy is a rapidly growing software company with a customer footprint across the country. We’re strongly backed by leading venture capital investors and have entered a high-growth mode in terms of customers, revenue and team. We need to add to our rockstar Client Solutions team to effectively identify and capture opportunities within our growing addressable market size.
We’re not looking for the traditional salesperson. To succeed in this position, you’ll need be able to constructively challenge the status quo, thrive in ambiguous situations that give you the flexibility to figure it out, have a solid grasp of software technology, and paint a vision of success that energizes clients. Additionally, you’ll need to quickly win the respect of prospective clients by being a trusted and highly ethical problem solver.
This position is primarily about driving “hands on” highly technical sales with sophisticated enterprise utility clients. You’ll be accountable for specific annual revenue goals and managing everything involved to achieve them. This position can be based in any major city on the East Coast.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Full sales cycle responsibility.
- Research potential client utility companies for fit with our products.
- Develop strategies and tactics to engage prospective customers. Identify appropriate decision makers and stakeholders, and build trusted relationships.
- Develop a detailed understanding of prospective client needs, a shared business case, a vision of success and a strategy to win the business relationship. Manage all of the complex dynamics of long-running enterprise sales engagements such as competitive procurements, partner dynamics, regulatory concerns and so on.
- Provide input from current and future clients to inform product development efforts and company strategy,
- Interact with marketing, regulatory, customer support, and product teams to coordinate resources you need to be successful.
- Proven ability to accomplish impressive goals in the face of adversity and complexity.
- Proven leadership skills, especially in situations where you had to influence and lead people outside of your organization.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Proven poise, presentation and negotiation skills suitable to all levels from junior staff to executives.
- Independent self-starter with an entrepreneurial attitude. Love to learn new things quickly.
- Passion for software technology, energy efficiency, and enterprise software sales.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% as needed.
- BA/BS or higher in related field from top university.
Desired, but not required:
- A proven record of 2+ years of sales success in enterprise software, with complex selling environments and long sales cycles.
- Experience with or knowledge of the utility energy efficiency industry market.
EnergySavvy is a cloud software company that helps utilities transform their customer experience and operations. EnergySavvy provides personalized customer insights, breakthrough customer engagement, and automated program delivery with the industry's only platform purpose-built to enhance the customer experience and increase operational efficiency. Nearly 40 utilities and state programs rely on EnergySavvy to enable customer experience transformation in the modern, digital customer era.
We believe in diversity, not merely because it’s a mechanism for happier, more productive teams, but because we believe we have an obligation to work against structural discrimination. As such, we don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more about our company and culture.