UX/UI Designer at 3Play Media
We’re thrilled to announce that we’re hiring to grow our team! 3Play Media offers a truly unique opportunity to work in a small team of developers in a company that offers both a startup-minded size and culture while being robustly backed by a steady stream of customers and projects. Every day, our system processes hundreds of hours of video content, helping us to improve and expand the way people consume online media to make more of the web’s video content accessible. We’re also very excited to have a few brand-new products in our pipeline!
We are looking for an enthusiastic UX/UI Designer with a strong work ethic who is eager to learn, solve challenging problems, and advocate for the user. You’ll be a key contributor to the design of our new product initiatives and the redesign of our customer-facing account system. You will work alongside other members of the development team and our product team through the project planning, implementation, and release phases of these initiatives.
Role and Responsibilities
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product stakeholders and engineers
- Create concepts, wireframes, and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Communicate scenarios, end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs with other members of the team and key stakeholders
- Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies
- Help develop best practices in development standards and design patterns
- Advocate for accessible design
- Demonstrable experience building websites and/or web applications
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design
- Proficient with wireframing and prototyping tools
- Eagerness to learn and to share your knowledge
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
An Ideal Candidate Would:
- Have a UX design degree or 3+ years of professional UX design experience
- Be familiar with a programming language such as Ruby, Python, Java, or C++
- Be familiar with web application frameworks such as Rails
- Be comfortable with web tooling and version control systems (e.g. Git, NPM, etc.)
About the Company
3Play Media is a rapidly growing, profitable technology company with a startup culture making a huge impact on the way people consume online media. We provide premium captioning, transcription, audio description, and translation solutions to over 2,500 higher ed, enterprise, media, and government customers. Our goal is to simplify the workflow through flexible APIs, a secure online account system, and integrations with a multitude of players, platforms, and lecture capture systems. We got our start in 2008 out of MIT Sloan and we are based in Boston, MA.
We have an awesome work environment! Our team is hard working, laid back, and fun. There are no politics or wasteful meetings and projects get done quickly and efficiently. The team is dedicated to building a successful company. We have a spacious office with lots of natural light, a game room and a friendly dog named Bo who shares our views and ambitions. At times you will need to work long and difficult hours, but the work is fun, interesting, and gratifying. Your work will have a direct impact on our company’s success.
Location and Perks
Boston, MA – Fort Point on the Red Line near South Station. We are in the heart of Boston’s thriving Innovation District at the Boston Seaport. New restaurants and bars are popping up regularly, and we are surrounded by Boston’s buzzing tech scene.
- Competitive compensation
- Vision plan
- Vacation/sick pay
- Disability and life insurance
- Transportation subsidy
- Company outings/social events
- Beer/kombucha/cold brew on tap