Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology (built around Drupal) that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
You’ll be joining a talented team of other researchers and designers creating breakthrough products for people developing rich digital experiences with Drupal. Our customers are a savvy, demanding group; you and this team are responsible for delivering best-in-class applications in a fast-paced, agile, growth-oriented environment.
- Ensure a clear understanding of the goals and objectives for research projects, and execute against these
- Communicate and translate research insights into actionable recommendations that inform design and implementation
- Prepare study plans, moderator’s guides, and other artifacts related to designing and conducting studies
- Execute studies for approved initiatives
- Analyze, report, and track the results from research studies
- Create and review research reports/presentations with teams and key stakeholders
- Recruit, screen, and schedule participants matching our personas using internal contacts, customer relationships, social media, and local events
- Moderate user research, including usability studies, site visits, and diary studies
- Create personas and scenarios to inform product and design decisions
- Partner with our UX designers to test and iterate design concepts
- Conduct competitive analyses
- Develop user journey maps to identify areas of user frustration and delight
Key Skills and Attributes
- 3+ years of experience conducting both qualitative and quantitative user research in all stages of the process (scoping, leading fieldwork, conducting in-context interviews, analysis, presenting recommendations)
- Strong understanding of User Experience principles and best practices; including: usability testing, field research, interviewing techniques, and qualitative methods
- Exceptional ability to create compelling presentations, facilitate sessions, and confidently convey insights through storytelling
- Self-motivated and execution-oriented. Ability to execute at a high level of quality in a fast-paced, complex environment
- Open, collaborative, team player with a passion for documenting insights and converting them into product designs
- Respond positively to opportunities to be involved in brainstorming and iterative work, contributing and driving innovation whenever possible
- Able to identify the specific information needed to clarify a situation or make a decision
- Ability to lead rapid iterative prototyping efforts with varying fidelity/presentation tools (e.g., sketches, storyboards, wireframes, clickable prototypes, compositions, and assets)
- Excellent hands-on graphic design skills and an ability to translate user requirements into a design vision and then into an actionable plan to deliver design specifications desired
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, and prototyping tools such as Axure, Sketch or equivalent
- Familiarity with web development best practices and cloud architecture
- Experience with enterprise software development or Drupal experience a plus
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.