- Drive business value by discovering and addressing our customer customer’s most acute product challenges. Work alongside your team through product discovery, leveraging your expertise to anticipate customer needs, and develop concepts and prototypes to drive experimental learning.
- Champion design-thinking with your team by articulating your hypotheses, assumptions, and rationale for your proposed solutions. Ensure that designs are backed by sound methodology, research, and data.
- Deliver high-quality products into the hands of our customers by thinking through scenarios, iterating frequently to remove flaws in your solutions, and validating the finished product meets the high standards our design team holds.
- Define, communicate, and implement a successful adoption of our new design system, Backpack with your product team.
Your First Year:
- 1 month - Learn about the key challenges and context facing the company, your product area, your team, and the broader Design Team. Build relationships with key collaborators laying a foundation for your work together.
- 3 months - Define your first increments with your product team, participate in both agile and design team rituals, and feel nearly fully integrated within your product team and the cross-functional design team.
- 6 months - Deliver value to the business through designing MVP(s), and forming an understanding of how to deliver longer term success in an iterative, incremental process. Have a solid understanding of the impact, values, culture, and vision of our Design Team.
- 12 months - Own the design of your product area, work with your product manager to define short-term and long-term objectives, and continuously learn and deliver results based on those learnings. Influencing and communicating our design culture, values, processes, and vision.
- Design abilities - You are a full-stack designer able to research and define the conceptual model, interactions, and aesthetics of a product.
- Openness to Criticism and Ideas - You often invite and provide feedback, and view criticism or constructive feedback as ways to improve your work or yourself.
- Experimental & Curious - You love to find problems, test ideas, learn quickly, fail fast, and iterate. You pursue this with excitement, and expect to share learnings, insight, and results - both positive and negative.
- Decisioning - You are able to form opinions and make judgements on both the current designs and further improvements, and articulate the good and bad about the designs based on best practices and principles.
- Business value - You possess a strong understanding of how product design impacts the business cross-functionally, and how to find and add value through the power of design.
- Simplicity - Your design process is lean, and your rapid experiments and solutions are highly focused on the essentials with as little design as needed.
- Communication - You acknowledge that as a Product Designer, many people are looking to you for solutions to the customer and user problems we face. You embrace the communication expectations to find effective ways to justify your design decisions, explain the value your solution unlocks, and inspire your team in doing so.
- Collaborative - To succeed as a company and make an impact for our customers, all the teams at Ellevation work together. You know that you cannot win on your own; you’re open to working with others along the way as a leader and a contributor.
- Attention to detail - You don’t let important details slip through the cracks, think through scenarios to ensure your solutions stand up, and address any flaws in your designs.
- Domain knowledge - You understand the technical and product domains in which we work within. Databases, front-end frameworks, HTML/CSS, and enterprise applications are comfortable to you. Bonus points for experience in EdTech.