UX Product Designer
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history
We are looking for an experienced and talented UX Product Designer to help create usable, attractive, and high performing user experiences on CarGurus. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working on agile teams with engineers, product managers, analysts, and copywriters to design mobile-first solutions that solve complex customer problems. You will be able to make deliberate design decisions and translate any given user journey into a smooth and intuitive interaction.
What You’ll Do:
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate on your designs.
- Espouse a data-driven approach to design ideation and improvement.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product leads to research, conceive, wireframe, prototype, and ultimately test new features within the CarGurus consumer or B2B facing experiences
- Translate concepts and prototypes into high-fidelity mockups
- Identify usability gaps and devise elegant solutions.
- Work with teams and stakeholders across the broader company to assist with design needs
Who You Are:
- Five or more years of UX/Product Design experience.
- Experience with ecommerce and/or digital marketplace products, particularly on mobile platforms, strongly preferred.
- Expertise in UI/UX software such as InVision, Adobe CC, Sketch, Zepplin, and the like is a must.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design principals and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- Willing to help teammates, share knowledge and experience with them, and learn from them.
- Data-driven when evaluating design effectiveness and be ready, willing, and excited to participate in A/B testing of new concepts and designs.
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.