Tamr (pronounced “tamer”) is a fast-growing data science company co-founded by Turing Award winner Michael Stonebraker. Our roots are in academia, stemming out of MIT’s CSAIL. Our mission is to help enterprise organizations unify their data via a combination of machine learning and expert sourcing.
Shortly after founding the Boston Globe named us the top small company to work for (https://goo.gl/HTNBNa). We care about fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, and have worked with organizations like She Geeks Out to help. Our values revolve around transparency, vulnerability, and collaboration. We offer great benefits, catered lunch twice a week, social hour on Fridays, off-site parties, a fun design team and more.
As big data needs big design, we’re looking for an experienced designer to help us navigate some of the biggest design challenges in tech today: data, AI and trust.
Essential to navigating this undefined space is understanding our users and conducting robust research. We are looking for someone who can expand our research program and take it to the next level. You should have a clearly linked portfolio that demonstrates an understanding of the entire UX process, from discovery research to rapid prototyping to running usability tests, with clear examples of your research experience. Your work should favor clarity, minimalism, and be in service of helping users via ethical patterns. Working with our team, you’ll have broad reach to evolve our design philosophy and team. We don’t believe in “stupid questions” and encourage egoless applicants.
- Work in agile teams alongside PM and engineering as a full-stack UX designer
- Participate in a collaborative design process that welcomes critique
- Expand our research program within the design team and across the organization
- Help us weave design thinking across our products, organization and customers.
- 3+ years experience as a UX designer.
- 1+ year experience driving UX research.
- Experience with enterprise software is a plus
- Comfortable working with data-rich, technical applications and engineers
- Highly organized, meticulous attention to detail and open to continuous learning
This position is available in Cambridge MA.
Tamr provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Read Full Job Description