Examity, the world leader in online test integrity and the fastest-growing Edtech company in the United States, is looking for a dedicated UX Designer to join the growing team in our Newton, MA location.
As a UX Designer, you will work closely with our product management and engineering teams. You will play a critical role in developing and bringing product design concepts to life. In addition, the UX Designer will utilize their knowledge of user experience best practices and creative talents with UI and graphic design. The ideal candidate for this role will need to be a strong communicator and able to handle multiple design projects at once with efficiency and effectiveness.
- Facilitate user experience and user interface design.
- Lead and participate in product design and discovery, including user research, experience mapping and flowcharting, and design prototype development.
- Interpret available user data into updated intuitive experiences.
- Create engaging, easy-to-use design solutions that address complex business and user needs.
- Develop detailed wireframes, user flows, storyboards, mockups, and other product deliverables to effectively communicate designs and product requirements, leading to intuitive user experiences.
- Demonstrate a self-directed and proactive approach to tackling problems and leveraging resources.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- 5+ years of professional experience doing product discovery, wireframing, visuals and designing experiences.
- Portfolio demonstrating both UX and visual design across SaaS and desktop products; deep knowledge of design principles like layout, typography, and color should be apparent.
- Experience delivering comprehensive end-to-end workflow solutions capturing complex business processes, preferably in SaaS related products.
- Understanding of design and rapid prototype tools such as Sketch, Azure, InVision and other industry-standard tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal and presentation abilities.
- Hands-on exposure to user research methodologies and usability testing.
- Solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to internal teams and clients.
- Excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas.
Examity offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and 401k. As one of the fastest-growing Massachusetts companies, you will be challenged to build your skills and take on increasing responsibility. Our office environment is open, collaborative, fast-paced and high energy. Examity’s urban office location in Newton, MA provides access to local shopping and restaurants. Employees enjoy Examity’s free snacks and drinks, a flexible work schedule, and frequent group outings to skyboxes for Celtics, Red Sox and summer concerts.
Examity is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.