User Experience Designer at SmartBear
SmartBear is seeking a User Experience Designer to work on the design of complex software testing products. SmartBear's award-winning suite of testing software enables organizations to meet frequent release deadlines without sacrificing software quality, all while reducing testing costs. Additionally, our award-winning collaboration software helps development, testing and management teams work together to produce high quality software elevating a business’ ability to communicate and complete objectives more efficiently.
Designers at SmartBear play a vital role in the product development process, from creating the vision and strategy for product features to crafting the fit and finish of interface details. A successful designer here leverages strong internal relationships to drive conversation and collaboration, utilizes multiple sources of data to inform all stages of design, and inspires the organization by envisioning creative solutions to difficult problems. The ideal designer for this role has experience with enterprise solutions, the software development lifecycle, and modern design systems.
- Lead design projects across the product lifecycle and multiple product launches. Set the vision for the user experience and manage collaboration with stakeholders
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges
- Understand business requirements and effectively explain how design solutions align with strategy
- Represent the UX team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning and product channels
- Create low- and high-fidelity sketches, wireframes, storyboards, and visual designs. Build interactive prototypes to communicate and test concepts and ideas
- Work closely with Engineering to ensure a high-quality design implementation
- Work with the organization to inform and improve design processes
- Grow the SmartBear design system, and ensure all features align with it
- Evaluate the effectiveness of designs through reviews, walkthroughs, usability tests, and other techniques
- Comprehensive understanding of applying user-centered design methodologies and research to solve complex business problems
- 5+ years of experience designing engaging products and user experiences in a dynamic, fast-paced software development context
- Knowledge of Sketch, Figma, Photoshop, InVision, Axure, or other tools for producing and testing designs
- Ability to work in a collaborative design environment; to be critiqued and to critique
- Superior listening, communication, and critical thinking skills
- BA/BS degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Computer Science, Business, or related field or equivalent education and experience
Nice to have
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle and developer tools
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, SVG, and other front-end web technologies
- Knowledge of animation libraries/toolkits
SmartBear is a Destination Employer
- Award Winning Technology - SmartBear is a market leader and has won numerous, prestigious industry awards for its software solutions including “Top Innovator and Leader in Software Development”. SmartBear was named a leader in the 2018 and 2019 Magic Quadrants for Software Test Automation, with the highest position for Ability to Execute by Gartner.
- We are a vibrant, fast-moving company. We care about our employees and provide extensive professional guidance through mentoring, coaching and training to help them establish and grow their careers.
- Open and Collaborative – We have an inclusive, creative, passionate and fun environment.
- Employee Benefits including competitive industry salaries, Private Medical Care, Multisport, snacks, integration events.
At SmartBear, we focus on your one priority that never changes: quality. We know delivering quality software over and over is complicated. So our tools are built to streamline your process while seamlessly working with the products you use – and will use. Whether it’s TestComplete, Swagger, Cucumber, ReadyAPI, Zephyr, or one of our other tools, we span from test automation, API lifecycle, collaboration, performance testing, test management, and more. Whichever you need, they’re easy to try, easy to buy, and easy to integrate. We’re used by 15 million developers, testers, and operations engineers at 24,000+ organizations – including world-renowned innovators like Adobe, JetBlue, FedEx, and Microsoft. Wherever you’re going, we’ll help you get there. Learn more at smartbear.com, or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook.