User Experience Designer
In UX, we move fast, learn faster, collaborate enthusiastically and lay track on processes as we go. We’ve got great support from both product management and software engineering, and executive sponsorship. Our colleagues are smart, open, and ready to work with us on taking our user experience to the next level. You will work on a number of Cb products to drive and understand our user community at a detailed level. You will bring that research and insight into our goal of making our users highly successful leveraging our security platform.
What You’ll Do
You’ll work on our User Research team – part of our UX group within R&D. This means you will work closely with the Lead Researcher and Associate Researcher, and along side designers, content writers, product managers and engineers to ensure that our products help keep the world safe from cyber-attacks. Most importantly, you’ll connect directly with customers and the security community, building the organizations’ understanding of our users, their goals, and how we can help them. In this role you will:
- Make it easy for team members to connect directly with users throughout the development cycle
- Manage the design and execution of user research that teams will use to inform product plans and designs.
- Recommend research method that addresses program needs and timelines.
- Analyze results that are supported by cognitive behavioral principles, and deliver actionable insights to product teams.
- Present with confidence and clarity, and absorb feedback with grace.
- Deploy a variety of methods such as field studies, remote usability testing, surveys, interviews, card sorts, etc. to gain insight on our users.
- Analyze processes and propose improvements to Increase the efficiency of our research activities.
- Foster and promote user research best practices org-wide, including development of Lunch and Learns and other programming.
What You’ll Bring
- 2-3 years’ experience in a research role in a technology company.
- Experience in qualitative research methods and familiarity with quantitative methods.
- Skills in both research and facilitation.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible, and committed to delivering in a lean, fast-moving environment.
- Growing ability to estimate and make tough prioritization calls,
- BA/BS required, degree in cognitive psychology, human factors, human-centered design, social sciences, or a related field.
Experience in the security technology space is a huge bonus.