User Experience Designer
- Conduct assessment methods such as usability testing, heuristic analyses, UI reviews, complexity measures, etc. to measure the UX of early designs to mature products.
- Conduct brainstorming or whiteboarding sessions with different stakeholders
- Translate research and testing findings into actionable requirements through comprehensive data analysis.
- Design and prototype information architecture (IA) solutions that reflect a balance between efficiency, ease of use, user satisfaction, business goals, and technical constraints.
- Quickly iterate on multiple visual design explorations to arrive at a simple but robust solution, accounting for complex requirements.
- Produce UX Architecture specifications that may include detailed wireframes, concrete use cases, annotated prototypes, user stories, etc. through close collaboration with cross-functional teams
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in a high-tech UX team in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment
- Excellent conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Fundamental understanding of usability testing methods, such as formative, summative, moderated, automated, remote, local, RITE, etc.
- Fundamental understanding of information architecture concepts, conceptual design, and detail design
- Experience designing for tablet and phone apps
- Ability to interpret business and functional requirements from a user-centered as opposed to feature-centered perspective
- Proficiency with standard wireframing and prototyping tools (Sketch, InVision, Axure, etc.)
- Extensive experience interfacing with customers and users
- Portfolio that demonstrates skills and understanding in user centered design methodologies, with an emphasis on user research and assessment methods
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, with advanced public speaking and presentation skills
- Self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload
- Comfortable creating high-fidelity mockups
- Experience with agile development
- Experience with enterprise software
- Knowledge of the pharma and life sciences industry
- Collaborated with product managers and software engineers
- Master's degree in Human Factors, User Experience Design, HCI, Information Science, or related discipline or equivalent work experience