User Experience Designer
- Conduct assessment methods such as usability testing, heuristic analyses, UI reviews, complexity measures, etc. to measure the UX of early designs to mature products.
- Conduct brainstorming or whiteboarding sessions with different stakeholders
- Translate research and testing findings into actionable requirements through comprehensive data analysis.
- Design and prototype information architecture (IA) solutions that reflect a balance between efficiency, ease of use, user satisfaction, business goals, and technical constraints.
- Quickly iterate on multiple visual design explorations to arrive at a simple but robust solution, accounting for complex requirements.
- Produce UX Architecture specifications that may include detailed wireframes, concrete use cases, annotated prototypes, user stories, etc. through close collaboration with cross-functional teams
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in a high-tech UX team in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment
- Excellent conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Fundamental understanding of usability testing methods, such as formative, summative, moderated, automated, remote, local, RITE, etc.
- Fundamental understanding of information architecture concepts, conceptual design, and detail design
- Experience designing for tablet and phone apps
- Ability to interpret business and functional requirements from a user-centered as opposed to feature-centered perspective
- Proficiency with standard wireframing and prototyping tools (Sketch, InVision, Axure, etc.)
- Extensive experience interfacing with customers and users
- Portfolio that demonstrates skills and understanding in user centered design methodologies, with an emphasis on user research and assessment methods
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, with advanced public speaking and presentation skills
- Self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload
- Comfortable creating high-fidelity mockups
- Experience with agile development
- Experience with enterprise software
- Knowledge of the pharma and life sciences industry
- Collaborated with product managers and software engineers
- Master's degree in Human Factors, User Experience Design, HCI, Information Science, or related discipline or equivalent work experience
SHYFT Analytics, a Medidata company, is the leading platform for commercial and real-world data analytics, with products designed specifically for the pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device industry. SHYFT’s data analytics platform is the most efficient and scalable way to transform massive amounts of complex healthcare data into on-demand clinical and commercial insight. SHYFT is headquartered in Boston with offices in San Francisco and New York City. Learn more about SHYFT at www.shyftanalytics.com, or follow the company on Twitter @SHYFTAnalytics or LinkedIn. SHYFT Core Values: We hire based on a 'fit first' philosophy and focus on candidates who exemplify our core values over skillset alone. At SHYFT, we believe every employee at every level is an innovator. We want all employees to bring their 'A game' to work every day and focus on the delivery of a truly amazing customer experience. We believe this is best done by embracing the team, all the while having fun.